Civil Service: Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2019/2020 Watch

Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mint.skyscrapers)
i haven't managed to scheduled one yet because i cant do the time they've given just waiting on a reply back from them
They seem to be sorting things out a lot quicker than previous years as I've seen past threads where most interviews weren't until January
mint.skyscrapers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ah thats good
T0ucan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Woo sent off the questions and a few hours later got an email with an interview! I'm being interviewed on 27th November. Now we just have to wait
Zeeyo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
sorry guys I'm on the wrong forum, I applied to the arly diversity 1-week internship.
Good luck and peace
nxd2000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got an email about an phone interview the day after submitting the questions. My interview’s in December
username4271846
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you think the response times for the second stage depend on what department/area you selected?
z.qi.min
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oop, got my interview in December!
henry1999
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got an interview on 13th November as well - has anybody had the interview yet, any idea what the questions may look like?
rleah1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got rejected from the main schemes but told to fill out the additional questions for the SDIP, which I found a bit strange but I'm not complaining
henry1999
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by rleah1998)
I got rejected from the main schemes but told to fill out the additional questions for the SDIP, which I found a bit strange but I'm not complaining
What do you mean by the 'main schemes'?
h3110
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by henry1999)
I got an interview on 13th November as well - has anybody had the interview yet, any idea what the questions may look like?
I have an interview tomorrow too, good luck to us both!

Also I assume by "main schemes" rleah1998 means they were rejected from the actual Civil Service Fast Stream for graduates (not the Summer internship)
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
So nervous for the interview today. I've got examples for the 3 areas they told us about so I'm just hoping I do okay. I'll let you all know after my interview what sort of things they ask.
h3110
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by 22001581)
So nervous for the interview today. I've got examples for the 3 areas they told us about so I'm just hoping I do okay. I'll let you all know after my interview what sort of things they ask.
Good luck! When is your interview?
I have found it a bit difficult to distinguish clearly between some of the 3 areas so it's tough to know which examples to use for which area
rleah1998
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by h3110)
I have an interview tomorrow too, good luck to us both!

Also I assume by "main schemes" rleah1998 means they were rejected from the actual Civil Service Fast Stream for graduates (not the Summer internship)
Yeah I meant the actual Fast Stream
rleah1998
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by h3110)
I have found it a bit difficult to distinguish clearly between some of the 3 areas so it's tough to know which examples to use for which area
Good luck!
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by h3110)
My interview is at half 2 so not long to go now. I found it difficult too, I've got 2 examples for each of the 3 in the end but I found it a lot easier to think about my examples for the 5 competencies that we previously looked at rather than these new 3.
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Just had my interview. I was really nervous beforehand but the woman I spoke to was really nice, she was a 2nd year fast streamer. Firstly I was asked a few questions about my reasons for applying, then about the list of the 3 competencies they sent us. I would say have at least 2 examples for each so you're not repeating yourself. I don't remember all of the specific questions as I was so nervous. Think it went okay, lasted about 30 minutes and she said at the end that she thought I sounded confident and well prepared so hoping that's a good sign. She also said that she would use her notes on my interview and also take notes on the last form that we filled in with the 2 questions to come to a decision but didn't say when we would find out.
g.a.mills1996
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by 22001581)
Just had my interview. I was really nervous beforehand but the woman I spoke to was really nice, she was a 2nd year fast streamer. Firstly I was asked a few questions about my reasons for applying, then about the list of the 3 competencies they sent us. I would say have at least 2 examples for each so you're not repeating yourself. I don't remember all of the specific questions as I was so nervous. Think it went okay, lasted about 30 minutes and she said at the end that she thought I sounded confident and well prepared so hoping that's a good sign. She also said that she would use her notes on my interview and also take notes on the last form that we filled in with the 2 questions to come to a decision but didn't say when we would find out.
Hi there. I'm glad it went well! Can you recall if it was one or several questions for each of the 3 areas? And did the interviewer tell you which competency was being assessed before each question?
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by g.a.mills1996)
Hi there. I'm glad it went well! Can you recall if it was one or several questions for each of the 3 areas? And did the interviewer tell you which competency was being assessed before each question?
Thank you! Yeah it was a few on each but it wasn't necessarily all different examples. She also said at the end that she didn't need to ask me that many follow-up questions as I answered the questions she asked fully so they may ask more follow-up questions for each competency depending on your answers.
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by g.a.mills1996)
Also yes she clearly said which question was about each competency 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (95)
19.43%
Labour (207)
42.33%
Liberal Democrats (97)
19.84%
Green Party (33)
6.75%
Brexit Party (15)
3.07%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.23%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.02%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)