The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I honestly couldn't do it! I think it would make me feel so sick.
I'm sure there must be other places with better jobs...
Have you been looking for a long time??
Reply 2
I've done cleaning in a warehouse and part of that was cleaning the toilets, they were rank!
God, there must be something better that you could do? Whore yourself out?

Better than cleaning up other people's ***** for a pittance.
Reply 4
x2 I'd gladly sell my arse rather than clean toilets
Reply 5
Cleaning toilets might be rank but its a job and its money... don't argue if you're desperate x
Reply 6
I had to do it when I worked at the little chef. It was no fun, I can tell you that!
Reply 7
I know someone who's been cleaning toilets for 2 years, shes only 19. Its a well respected job.
I do it as part of my job now, it's not a pleasent :p:

But it's money at the end of the day.
If youre desperate for cash and dont have the time to seek an alternative job then you gotta do what you gotta do. Having said that; personally I wouldnt consider such a job unless it was literally my only last option.
I'd rather kill myself.

I really need a job right now as I'm overdrawn, but I would never consider it, even though I'm in quite dire need of a job. Same with McDonald's, refuse to apply there, too.
Reply 11
gyrase
I know someone who's been cleaning toilets for 2 years, shes only 19. Its a well respected job.

Best post ever.
Reply 12
AsphyxiateD
I'd rather kill myself.

I really need a job right now as I'm overdrawn, but I would never consider it, even though I'm in quite dire need of a job. Same with McDonald's, refuse to apply there, too.

Oh, ffs. How about you swallow your pride and just get a job you don't like? Your need clearly isn't actually "dire" if you're not prepared to.
HCD
Oh, ffs. How about you swallow your pride and just get a job you don't like? Your need clearly isn't actually "dire" if you're not prepared to.

By dire I meant my parents won't stop nagging me and I've tried every place that I actually don't mind working in.

It's not so much "pride", I'd just rather not associate the term "work" with "trying ever so hard to avoid projectile vomiting".

(this is obviously in relation to the "cleaning toilets" job, not so much McDonald's, although this is an acceptable thought.)
Mcdonalds isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I'm sick of the stigma attached to it. Jesus everyone who works there wants money, the staff nights out are awesome, you get to piss about when the shop is shut (actually most of them do it when it's open), and you earn money. I don't even WORK there and I know that.

If you are "desperate" then yeah like HCD said swallow your pride and go work there. But if you do need a job on the side then the easiest way to make some decent cash is to try fast food or the supermarkets. A great job isn't normally just going to fall on your lap and most of the time the complaints you will have about working in a place like Mcdonalds will be exactly the same as any other workplace.
God, such snobbery. I'd clean toilets. It's not something I'd put on my CV or shout around the place, and it's not a job I'd particularly enjoy, but come on; a couple of rubber gloves and some thick boots, and an optional peg for your nose if you're sensitive, and you won't know the difference between cleaning toilets and cleaning an oven or a car windscreen.
Reply 16
generalebriety
God, such snobbery. I'd clean toilets. It's not something I'd put on my CV or shout around the place, and it's not a job I'd particularly enjoy, but come on; a couple of rubber gloves and some thick boots, and an optional peg for your nose if you're sensitive, and you won't know the difference between cleaning toilets and cleaning an oven or a car windscreen.

Well I'm not sure about you, but I don't think I can remember when I last had a dump in my oven.
Robob
Well I'm not sure about you, but I don't think I can remember when I last had a dump in my oven.

See, this is what I mean. If you've got gloves on, what's the difference between cleaning grease out of an oven and cleaning **** out of a toilet? You never come into contact with any of it. I grant you it's an unpleasant job, I just hate the way everyone thinks they're too good to clean toilets, when it's actually a fairly safe, easy job, and probably quite well paid for the amount of actual labour it involves (which is probably little more than squirting a few toilet bowls with bleach, rubbing them with a brush and flushing the toilet, because toilets are basically self-cleaning; then maybe mopping the place up). Literally the only drawback is the smell.
Reply 18
Robob

:laugh:
Reply 19
generalebriety
See, this is what I mean. If you've got gloves on, what's the difference between cleaning grease out of an oven and cleaning **** out of a toilet? You never come into contact with any of it. I grant you it's an unpleasant job, I just hate the way everyone thinks they're too good to clean toilets, when it's actually a fairly safe, easy job, and probably quite well paid for the amount of actual labour it involves (which is probably little more than squirting a few toilet bowls with bleach, rubbing them with a brush and flushing the toilet, because toilets are basically self-cleaning; then maybe mopping the place up). Literally the only drawback is the smell.

Unless someone ****s on the floor. No joke, but when I went to the houses of parliament 2 years ago, someone had had a dump right in the middle of the floor of the toilets. Not sure why, maybe it was a political statement.

Latest

Trending

Trending