I regret this...Help please

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So... when I was 17 I got pregnant twice but then had two miscarriages. I'm now 23 I'm scared my husband or family will know. We are very strict Christian family. I went to the hospital to see if they have my pregnancy documents but they didnt luckily but I'm scared the GP my might have it. I done a test at the hospital so I don't get it how they never had it there, I also done a test at the GP. Will GP have it ?
Rick Ape
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
There should be a record somewhere, but it's confidential so unless you give your consent it won't be revealed to anyone not involved with your immediate medical care. And only then if it's relevant so I don't see how your family will find out.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
But a miscarriage isnt ur fault?...
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But a miscarriage isnt ur fault?...
I think the double pregnancies are the point of concern
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
So... when I was 17 I got pregnant twice but then had two miscarriages. I'm now 23 I'm scared my husband or family will know. We are very strict Christian family. I went to the hospital to see if they have my pregnancy documents but they didnt luckily but I'm scared the GP my might have it. I done a test at the hospital so I don't get it how they never had it there, I also done a test at the GP. Will GP have it ?
This sounds like it should have been part of the sexual history chat, way before marriage.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
What kind of test? A blood test?
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I'm sorry to hear that. Any medical information like that is confidential. That means that nobody but you and your medical team can see it unless you give permission. Even if there is a record of it your husband and family will not have access to it. The only way they will find out is by you telling them or them guessing it based on other information. Even if they knew the doctor who did the tests the doctor would not be able to tell them anything.

I do believe that openness and trust is important in a relationship so this is a bit concerning to me. I'm not going to try to tell you if you relationship is good or bad cos that's none of my business, but I would encourage you to have a think yourself about if you feel happy and secure in this relationship. If you do then that's great and I'm sorry I brought it up. If you don't or you're not sure please know that you don't have to stay in a relationship you aren't happy with and that there is support out there for if you feel like you might want to leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads