Edenxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, got a new phone so I had to back up my old phone to be able to convert all old info to new phone!
I had to buy more storage for this... I am now trying to back up my WhatsApp but it’s telling me I can’t, I have deleted all conversations apart from the 5 main special people , I am connected to WiFi and have more than enough iCloud storage.
Please help! I don’t want to loose my conversations/ memories.
Vexper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/iphone/20888066/

iCloud Backup
To make a manual backup of your chats at any time, go to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now. You can also enable automatic, scheduled backups by tapping Auto Backup and then choosing your backup frequency. This will back up your chats and media to your iCloud account. You can choose to include or exclude videos from the backup. The iCloud backup process can take a while to complete, depending on your internet connection and backup size.

Requirements
You must be signed in with the Apple ID you use to access iCloud.
You must have iOS 7 or later.
For iOS 8 and later: iCloud Drive must be turned on.
For iOS 7: Documents & Data must be turned on.
There must be enough free space on both your iCloud and iPhone.
You need to have at least 2.05 times the space available in your iCloud account and on your phone than the actual size of your backup.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (591)
34.02%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.45%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed