Shaanhussain26
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I have a speaking and listening exam which is very close and I have no idea what to talk about or what to say can you guys help me - maybe show me what would be A* work much appreciated I’m so nervous crapping myself
Gamer15325
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this an English exam?
Shaanhussain26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gamer15325)
Is this an English exam?
Yes it’s basically where you have to pick a topic and talk about it to your peers and you get marked - it’s gcse ... I would like an A* however I’m really scared since I have nothing to talk about and no demo
Gamer15325
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shaanhussain26)
Yes it’s basically where you have to pick a topic and talk about it to your peers and you get marked - it’s gcse ... I would like an A* however I’m really scared since I have nothing to talk about and no demo
Sorry but I don't have a lot of advice to give. I did one a couple years ago and I was really nervous. But I do know that it's not difficult to get a pass even if you don't do an amazing presentation, and as far as I know it is quite a small percentage of your overall grade. I did mine on new technology and gadgets, I just made a powerpoint and then spoke about each one. Good luck
Shaanhussain26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gamer15325)
Sorry but I don't have a lot of advice to give. I did one a couple years ago and I was really nervous. But I do know that it's not difficult to get a pass even if you don't do an amazing presentation, and as far as I know it is quite a small percentage of your overall grade. I did mine on new technology and gadgets, I just made a powerpoint and then spoke about each one. Good luck
Thank you for your advise I’m so stressed
bleh_bleh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is it the English speaking endorsement, if yes, it doesn’t actually count towards your English language grade, it’s a separate grade so don’t worry too much. Just choose any topic you think you can talk about for 5 mins and answer questions on. My friend got a distinction talking about her holiday so literally any topic will do. Good luck!
Shaanhussain26
Rep:
?
(Original post by bleh_bleh)
Is it the English speaking endorsement, if yes, it doesn’t actually count towards your English language grade, it’s a separate grade so don’t worry too much. Just choose any topic you think you can talk about for 5 mins and answer questions on. My friend got a distinction talking about her holiday so literally any topic will do. Good luck!
It’s gcse and it does have a mark
DGeorge13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you doing the 9-1 English gcse in which case it doesn’t have a grade or something else in which case it might
bleh_bleh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I know but it doesn’t count towards your gcse English language grade (assuming it’s the AQA one, don’t know if it’s the same for other exam boards). You will get a fail, pass, merit, distinction grade for the speaking endorsement ad a number grade for your English language. Two separate grades, doesn’t count towards the other
Gamer15325
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you just speak in the assessment then you pretty much automatically get a pass.
username4358788
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know this is a week later, but if ur still looking for topics for ur speech then this website is really good: http://www.myspeechclass.com/
username4867806
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It also doesn't really matter what topic your speaking exam is on, just make sure it is one people could ask questions about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (110)
27.64%
England (137)
34.42%
Belgium (30)
7.54%
Germany (41)
10.3%
Spain (9)
2.26%