Playing the Moldovans at Tennis Watch

Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Just wondered how many other people had read this magnificent book. I picked it up not expecting much, and I really enjoyed it. Slightly ridiculous though!
schrodinger's cat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OMG - Thanks for reminding me of this I read it years ago. Brilliant book by a brilliant author IMO. I also happened to have recorded the match which the whole book started from them watching, so i enjoyed rewatching it after the book and seeing all the players.

I wonder if i still have the book (or the tape of the match).
Phalanges
Rep:
?
(Original post by schrodinger's cat)
OMG - Thanks for reminding me of this I read it years ago. Brilliant book by a brilliant author IMO. I also happened to have recorded the match which the whole book started from them watching, so i enjoyed rewatching it after the book and seeing all the players.

I wonder if i still have the book (or the tape of the match).
That's alright

I just finished reading it, and thought it was fantastic. I also think he's a terrific author.

Would have been great to watch the original match afterwards though, purely to be able to shout out that he played double handed forehands, and whatever else Tony Hawks was screaming when he saw them against Ireland!
Freud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eeee I know what you're talking about!

I didn't get far in playing the Maldovans at tennis but I read the whole of hitchiking round Ireland with a fridge a fun book
Phalanges
Rep:
?
(Original post by Freud)
Eeee I know what you're talking about!

I didn't get far in playing the Maldovans at tennis but I read the whole of hitchiking round Ireland with a fridge a fun book
Hitchhiking was also a very good book, some very funny moments in that as well!

By the way, love what you did with the posts thingy!
Freud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonnyofengland)
Hitchhiking was also a very good book, some very funny moments in that as well!

By the way, love what you did with the posts thingy!
Lol can you tell I'm bored?

But ya I prefer Tony Hawks's writing style over someone like Bill Bryson. Bryson is good but he just stinks of fuddy duddy old codger.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads