Zombies have uprisen... Watch

Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
...in this hypothetical scenario. The people you live with aren't home and the phone lines and signals are down. You don't know whether they are alive or zombified. You turn on the news; there's a report on each of the terrestrial channels giving details of the uprising. The zombies walk slowly, and it's estimated 60% of the UK population are now zombies. Thankfully, none of these are TSR members. You look outside your residence and there are plenty of zombies. If you don't leave soon, you may be overwhelmed.

Some questions:
Do you stay or go?
If go, where do you go?
What weapons do you use?
What provisions do you take?
How do you try to make contact with family / friends etcetera?
What transport do you use?

I'm looking for informal discussion about what you'd do in this situation, so please keep it in GD.
Freud
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd stay - my house is a mini fortress that people can't find, nevermind zombies.

I'd lock myself in the windowless bathroom with my mobile phone, some food, perhaps a kettle, teabags and some uht milk and hope to ride it out.
Square
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't have any weapons, but I reckon I could get by on the food in my house for a few months at least.

Hopefully by then the zombies will have died of starvation.

Oh I also live on the second floor of a large victorian house (which is split in two). with a large thick heavy oak door. Which I would barricade with most of the furniture. I just hope my downstairs neighbour hasn't been zombified

If I had to choose a weapon though, I guess I would get the chainsaw from the shed.
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Winchester
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Complain in the shoutbox.
User68322
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't care because under the laws of life which I am no expert on, but a dead person would be rotting right? Their freaking ankles would break so they wouldn't be able to walk :/ What's the big threat?
Mrgd291190
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You say none of the zombies are TSR members! IDEA!

All TSR members find the nearest Internet Café and barricade the doors. From there, we stage the first stage of the war and coordinate our efforts.

Idea will flow thick and fast on GD for the hand-to-hand combat. D&D can handle the military planning and rebuilding and the Subs will tackle coordination and structure of the army itself.

After we build a strategy, the war begins
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love zombie scenarios.

Right, well here's what I'd do.

Assuming they're mindless zombies (and not quasi-human, ala day of the dead) i'd shove a TV and a radio in my attic, take a spade from downstairs and my air rifle (which as we speak is literally right next to my bed. I'm not crazy, I've just no where else to put it). I'd stay up there for abou 24 hours, to give any family members a chance to get home, whilst also ensuring all lights and sources of heat were turned off.

After 24 hours, if no one had returned home, i'd wait till early morning (7am?) when it was light and quickly jump in the car and drive down Sussex way (biggest area of country near me), and potentially onto the channel tunnel. They are also tons of freaking gun shops down there.

I don't think about this too much.
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
The Winchester
:rofl:

I've given rep today but you MUST have some.
gateshipone
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd grab my copies of The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z and use those to survive amazing books
Yawn-er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd probably stay. Much safer than going outside. And, I'd get to post on TSR. =)

There's enough food to last me a while...

And, if the food runs out... there's always the corner shop. I'd raid it for supplies. You said zat the zombies were slow... I'd sprint there'n'back. =)

I wouldn't bother contacting the family... chances are that, if they went out, they're already zombies. D'ah well.
Square
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
You say none of the zombies are TSR members! IDEA!

All TSR members find the nearest Internet Café and barricade the doors. From there, we stage the first stage of the war and coordinate our efforts.

Idea will flow thick and fast on GD for the hand-to-hand combat. D&D can handle the military planning and rebuilding and the Subs will tackle coordination and structure of the army itself.

After we build a strategy, the war begins
People with poor reputation and <1000 post count form the front line and the elite suicide squad.
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If we've got GD fighting we're screwed already.
pork products
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Watch shaun of the dead and follow there lead..
figureeight
Badges: 10
Report 10 years ago
I get my faithful dog, my Bushmaster AR15 with ACOG and Pentagon Torch and blockade myself in my house. I sleep in my bath.

Just like Will Smith. The legend. :yeah:
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Grab a Benelli M4 and go on the rampage, and pwn them.
Yawn-er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Square)
People with poor reputation and <1000 post count form the front line and the elite suicide squad.
Ah. Damn.
Glutamic Acid
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by MilesTails)
I wouldn't care because under the laws of life which I am no expert on, but a dead person would be rotting right? Their freaking ankles would break so they wouldn't be able to walk :/ What's the big threat?
Err, it's a hypothetical scenario. It's far more unlikely the zombies would arise in the first place.
Mrgd291190
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Square)
I nominate you for General :yep:

The numbers for cannon-fodder would enormous...t'would be glorious
Audrey Hepburn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MassiveBlackMan)
I love zombie scenarios.

Right, well here's what I'd do.

Assuming they're mindless zombies (and not quasi-human, ala day of the dead) i'd shove a TV and a radio in my attic, take a spade from downstairs and my air rifle (which as we speak is literally right next to my bed. I'm not crazy, I've just no where else to put it). I'd stay up there for abou 24 hours, to give any family members a chance to get home, whilst also ensuring all lights and sources of heat were turned off.

After 24 hours, if no one had returned home, i'd wait till early morning (7am?) when it was light and quickly jump in the car and drive down Sussex way (biggest area of country near me), and potentially onto the channel tunnel. They are also tons of freaking gun shops down there.

I don't think about this too much.
:eek:

I'd immediately search for this guy and trade anything I have available for protection... anything...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads