what the hell am I going to do? Watch

acelib82
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Well I know I have brought this on myself so please don't tell me. I have just done my last year at uni and have (to my suprise) found out I have passed without having to resit anything. This is the first time I have never had to resit anything at the end of the year so was really shocked.

The thing is, so convinced was I that I would fail, I didn't even bother to fill out my graduation form which had to be submitted weeks ago. I am now not eligle to attend it. I know it is my own fault but my thought is for my family, I just don't know how to tell them. My mum has just been talking to me about the day and I just sat there nodding my head and feeling really bad. I know there is no way I can get tickets at this short notice and so wish if only I'd just filled it out anyway.

I know I just have to bite the bullet and say something but its so difficult and I know Ive let everyone down
Danielle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can you not get in touch with the university and see if there is room for compromise? Sorry if you've done this already - surely if you explained to them, though, they'd be able to arrange something maybe?
thats funny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
urinate in a jar and feed it to a toad is an option - not recommended though
zippz
Report 10 years ago
ouch-that's really bad. Surely a form isn't that important-I bet loads didn't fill in the most important form :rolleyes: no but seriously contact your uni and say I WANT TO GRADUATE LET ME OR I AM REPORTING YOU SOMEHOW
laura-rad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
as others have said, could you not contact the university and explain your situation?

you'll never know unless you try!
biba girl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't unis hold graduation ceremonies in December as well, for people who had to resit/couldn't make it to the summer one? I think if you contact them they'll let you attend though, why wouldn't they?
brown
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not that bad...

Like others have said contact your uni and explain your full circumstances. I'm sure they would still let you attend - I think they prob wanted a rough estimate of how many ppl would be going. Anyway why can't you tell your family that you were expecting to fail? Would they not understand? It's not like you failed your degree or anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.29%
No - but I will (4)
3.39%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (65)
55.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise