The Student Room Group

Why does my boyfriend not initiate meetups?

I have a new boyfriend, although we've been seeing each other for a couple of months now and have gone on four or five dates. I've stayed round his as well. He's perfect and loyal and caring when I'm with him, but he NEVER asks whether I'm free, or initiates a meet up.
He's back from uni this weekend and yet again, I'm the one asking whether he's free or wants to do anything. It's like this EVERY TIME we get together. He's always on board and eager to meet, but it's like he has some weird aversion to suggesting it himself!

I know I should leave it and let him initiate himself, but I'm scared that means we won't end up seeing each other. His times at home are few and far between.
Is he shy? I'm not sure what to do...
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have a new boyfriend, although we've been seeing each other for a couple of months now and have gone on four or five dates. I've stayed round his as well. He's perfect and loyal and caring when I'm with him, but he NEVER asks whether I'm free, or initiates a meet up.
He's back from uni this weekend and yet again, I'm the one asking whether he's free or wants to do anything. It's like this EVERY TIME we get together. He's always on board and eager to meet, but it's like he has some weird aversion to suggesting it himself!

I know I should leave it and let him initiate himself, but I'm scared that means we won't end up seeing each other. His times at home are few and far between.

If it were me (and I know will be hard) I’d try and not initiate a meet up to see whether he does... Alternatively maybe just speak to him about it? Just say something along the lines of... you really enjoy spending time together but have noticed that you always initiate the meetings and that you just wanted to check you’re on the same page? It’s not needy to want to know where you stand and if he says he see’s it as a more casual thing then at least you’ll know.
Original post by Anonymous

He's just not that into you.

Sorry.
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
He's just not that into you.

Sorry.

The thing is, he's just asked me to be official, so clearly he is? And always tries to elongate the date. He's always super excited when I ask. It's just the asking that he sucks at!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending