cricket stuff Watch

fairycakes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hey

it's my bf's birthday coming up and he loves cricket. i was thinking of getting him something cricket related. can anyone tell me any websites which sells like books (although he was reading a cricket related comedy book the other day) or other cricket related products please?

xxxx
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
You can try this site..

http://www.cricshop.com/
fairycakes
Rep:
?
that is exactly the kinda thng i was looking for! thanks.
SuperDaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well its hard to go wrong with the wisden almanack if hes a hardcore fan

Just dont get him an autobiography by Kevin Pietersen or Monty Panesar about their 12 months of fame.
Danm2501
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pietersen's autobiography is actually surprisingly good. The book doesn't focus on his first 12 months of international cricket, but his childhood in South Africa, his battles with the South African quota system with Natal and then his eventual move to England with Cannock CC, Notts, England and then Hampshire. It's a very well written book, and I really enjoyed it, so much so that I've now read it 3 times. Probably helps that Pietersen is far and away my favourite player in the world though.

Buy your BF the new England Twenty20 Shirt, tis the sex of a shirt, looking forward to getting it myself. All 3 new England shirts are nice actually, might end up buying all 3 :P.
DeSiFiEd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
www.worldcricketstore.com > Cricshop
DeSiFiEd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Danm2501)

Buy your BF the new England Twenty20 Shirt, tis the sex of a shirt, looking forward to getting it myself. All 3 new England shirts are nice actually, might end up buying all 3 :P.
India shirts >>

Why does the red one look like a Man Utd shirt :confused:

India Nike Shirts are the 'sex', as you put it
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
I only prefer worldcricketstore when buying shirts. I don't think I've ever used it for buying anything else.

I want the Nike shirt. I've got the WC99, WC03 and the Sahara one (from 2002).. but the Nike shirt looks cool.
DeSiFiEd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TuckingFypo™)
I only prefer worldcricketstore when buying shirts. I don't think I've ever used it for buying anything else.

I want the Nike shirt. I've got the WC99, WC03 and the Sahara one (from 2002).. but the Nike shirt looks cool.
Official one, from Nike Stores in India cost about £25...they are like £55 here!

I prefer the Sahara one though, I like the paint-splashed look. The Nike one isnt' the most flattering, especially after a meal...:p:
fairycakes
Rep:
?
hey guys. sorry i didn't thank you for your ideas before, so thanks!

i didn't get him cricket stuff in the end, but as one of his christmas pressies now, i want to buy him a humourous cricket book, around £5ish (lots of deals on the internet). any ideas?
Klinsmannic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Danm2501)
Pietersen's autobiography is actually surprisingly good. The book doesn't focus on his first 12 months of international cricket, but his childhood in South Africa, his battles with the South African quota system with Natal and then his eventual move to England with Cannock CC, Notts, England and then Hampshire. It's a very well written book, and I really enjoyed it, so much so that I've now read it 3 times.
Fiction is good to re-read after a couple of years, but KP's autobiography was only out a couple of years ago and you've already read through it 3 times?! Why would you read an autobiography three times? Just curious.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed