I got a high score in my IELTS Reading mock test and I cannot believe it.

Watch
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I got a Band 8 in my mock test (reading), with full marks for 2 of the passages. I just cannot believe it.
My school expects me to take the exams in summer to autumn 2020, but I think because of this I may take the exams earlier.
armirwin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Wow! congrats, I'm taking the ielts this month, how did you prepare for it? I really need a high mark as well.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have enrolled for the test on 18th July. Wish me luck!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congratulations for before (8 months late) and good luck on your test btw
Last edited by PetitePanda; 2 months ago
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I got my score back this morning and received a band 8 overall. I cannot believe it.
This should be enough for any university in the UK, is it right? (I am applying for engineering)
sunny_01
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 8013)
I got my score back this morning and received a band 8 overall. I cannot believe it.
This should be enough for any university in the UK, is it right? (I am applying for engineering)
firstly congratulations!! The maximum I've seen universities request is a 7 overall. However, if any of the components are lower than 7 make sure to double check your university's requirements. More often than not though, a 6 in any component is the lowest accepted score.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sunny_01)
firstly congratulations!! The maximum I've seen universities request is a 7 overall. However, if any of the components are lower than 7 make sure to double check your university's requirements. More often than not though, a 6 in any component is the lowest accepted score.
I checked and I have fulfilled the requirements for any university except Oxford, as my writing score is a 6.5.
johntalks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 8013)
I checked and I have fulfilled the requirements for any university except Oxford, as my writing score is a 6.5.
Well done on your results I also took the test recently (21st of July), as I have received a conditional offer from the University, and have also attained a 6.5 in the writing component. But thankfully it was enough for me, as the University asked for an overall of Band 7 with no less than 6.5 in all components.

Are you considering in re-taking the exam?
Last edited by johntalks; 1 week ago
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by johntalks)
Well done on your results I also took the test recently (21st of July), as I have received a conditional offer from the University, and have also attained a 6.5 in the writing component. But thankfully it was enough for me, as the University asked for an overall of Band 7 with no less than 6.5 in all components.

Are you considering in re-taking the exam?
No. I am not considering Oxbridge, and as I am in the science track, there is a lower requirement, so my score is enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (159)
24.92%
Better than expected (132)
20.69%
Worse than expected (347)
54.39%

Watched Threads