Can you apply for a student loan if you're not enrolled with the uni? Watch

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I have to resit a piece of coursework, and I cannot register with my uni for the second year until I pass it. The results come back after September 5.

So can I still apply for a loan, or is it all a bit futile?
TheOneWho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All I needed to prove I was a student was my matriculation card. UCAS letters are often accepted too.
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheOneWho)
All I needed to prove I was a student was my matriculation card. UCAS letters are often accepted too.
You don't need any of that for a Student Loan. I think your getting confused with Student Bank accounts.

Yes it would be a good idea to apply for a Student Loan now. They don't make any checks at this stage to see if you will be continuing next year, thats done when/if you go back in September. If you don't do it now then your loan will be delayed by quite a bit. The deadline for returning students was over a month ago.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by flipshot)
You don't need any of that for a Student Loan. I think your getting confused with Student Bank accounts.

Yes it would be a good idea to apply for a Student Loan now. They don't make any checks at this stage to see if you will be continuing next year, thats done when/if you go back in September. If you don't do it now then your loan will be delayed by quite a bit. The deadline for returning students was over a month ago.
I need a CO1 form. Because I stated I wanted means-tested loans, which means that my parents have to supply their wage slips (even though I am a mature independent student).

So now I have to change it to non-means tested.
TheOneWho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry, yeah, I shouldn't try to do several things at once. I end up reading wrong. If you want a loan then it's better applying sooner rather than later. If you don't go back you can tell them and then give back the money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads