The Student Room Group

How is Newcastle University London???

It’s one of the campus’s so does that mean the teaching and style varies and isn’t so great in the London one??

Also I saw the courses and there r only 3
Maybe I checked wrong but....

Anyway how’s the satisfaction, ranking, life there...?
Does it have a good reputation?

I’m thinking of doing the International Marketing and management undergrad course
But I’m still searching....
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Newcastle University in London, to me is tiny and only focused on 2/3 subject..........where Newcastle University in Newcastle is far big and diverse
Reply 2
Original post by grKiro
Newcastle University in London, to me is tiny and only focused on 2/3 subject..........where Newcastle University in Newcastle is far big and diverse

But I live in London... urgh
Reply 3
for International Marketing and management you may try Queen Mary University of London, if you so keen to have it at London..................QMUL far better than NCL London in my opinion............you do some research for your satisfaction
Reply 4
Original post by grKiro
for International Marketing and management you may try Queen Mary University of London, if you so keen to have it at London..................QMUL far better than NCL London in my opinion............you do some research for your satisfaction

Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by Sannah 21
Thanks!

My Pleasure
Hello,

Lovely to hear you are considering studying International Marketing and management at our campus in London. For someone who wants to stay in London but have the best of our teaching at Newcastle this is a great option. Though small our London campus focus on those real world skills to get you ready to work in the business world.

Our degree is professionally accredited meaning you leave with a degree from Newcastle University but also recognition from the charted Institute of Marketing. We also work together with our industry partners to offer masterclasses delivered by industry professionals from a range of industries,assignments using case studies set by our commercial partners, work experience, including internships, opportunities to work on practical real-life projects, free public lectures to help you stay well-informed

Come study with us and you will also get the chance to do our spitalfields challenge. Set up and try and sell your own product in spitalfields Market apprentice style!

You can also have the opportunity to study abroad for a year or do a year in industry. Being in London we have strong links with many companies such as HSBC
Santander
Jack Wills
Arcadia Group Ltd
Diageo plc

As a small campus in a major world city, we offer a friendly and supportive community, bringing the warmth of Newcastle University to the capital. I'm happy to say We have also achieved a gold award in the UK teaching Excellence Framework!

Please go on our website to find our more about this course and campus!

Thanks,

Frances
Reply 7
Original post by Newcastle University Student Ambassador
Hello,

Lovely to hear you are considering studying International Marketing and management at our campus in London. For someone who wants to stay in London but have the best of our teaching at Newcastle this is a great option. Though small our London campus focus on those real world skills to get you ready to work in the business world.

Our degree is professionally accredited meaning you leave with a degree from Newcastle University but also recognition from the charted Institute of Marketing. We also work together with our industry partners to offer masterclasses delivered by industry professionals from a range of industries,assignments using case studies set by our commercial partners, work experience, including internships, opportunities to work on practical real-life projects, free public lectures to help you stay well-informed

Come study with us and you will also get the chance to do our spitalfields challenge. Set up and try and sell your own product in spitalfields Market apprentice style!

You can also have the opportunity to study abroad for a year or do a year in industry. Being in London we have strong links with many companies such as HSBC
Santander
Jack Wills
Arcadia Group Ltd
Diageo plc

As a small campus in a major world city, we offer a friendly and supportive community, bringing the warmth of Newcastle University to the capital. I'm happy to say We have also achieved a gold award in the UK teaching Excellence Framework!

Please go on our website to find our more about this course and campus!

Thanks,

Frances

Thank you so much!
I’m glad I found a londn campus and it’s quite near my house! So that’s great
Thank you for your reply because now I have a good insight

I’m in year 12 and I’m going to check if there are any open days or taster courses...unless you know about them?

Thanks again

By any chance, there’s no languages courses on here, no?
Or programmes....
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello!

You can book a visit to our campus with the following link:

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/london/contact/visit/

As for languages we don't currently offer anything but we are part of Student Central London which gives you chance to join language societies with Students studying at all universities across London.

Thanks,

Frances
Reply 9
Original post by Newcastle University Student Ambassador
Hello!

You can book a visit to our campus with the following link:

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/london/contact/visit/

As for languages we don't currently offer anything but we are part of Student Central London which gives you chance to join language societies with Students studying at all universities across London.

Thanks,

Frances

Thank you!
Reply 10
Original post by grKiro

Which uni are you at grKiro?
I have a friend who goes there and she enjoys it. But it's mainly for international students. The facilities are of course small, but very nice since it's geared towards that. Keep in mind though that my friend is very much minted and doesn't drink. Both of which are great factor's in enjoying London. Primarily the first. I'll come to the latter, since she doesn't drink she won't expect/doesn't the same kind of mad night's out for cheap you would get at my uni... Uni of Nottingham for example or even the Original Newcastle.

There where some comments on this thread claiming QMUL has a far superior business school. That's very much not true. Newcastle and QMUL are pretty similar reputation wise. They aren't the best, nor the worst RG's.

Middle of the pack one could say. So still well above average in comparison to most uni's.
Reply 12
Original post by Deb Mc
Which uni are you at grKiro?

Glasgow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending