working as a stripper Watch

charlotte01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
right im not the kind of girl who'd do this but im really short of cash and a mates sister said she can get me a job with her in a strip club, n im considering it.
i kno everyones different bt is stripping really looked down on n wud any1 here ever do it? its not like prostitution or anything is itt?
Lu-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Women are not objects to be stared at or perved over. Eurgh, just no. Why degrade yourself?
electro_girl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no its not. just go for it!
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
o dear god.....please dont do this, you will lose the respect of anyone sensible that knows you. If you're really that hard of cash im sure there are other jobs out there that may pay slightly less but help you retain your dignity....
xSplashx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If your not the kind of girl who would become a stripper why are you considering it?
Ed.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well it's up to you. Make sure it stays at just striping. Although there is a good chance you won't like all those men ogling you though.
jillbob
Report 10 years ago
it depends how confident you are but i personally hate it when people stare at me when im walking down a road let alone if i was stripping in a club full of people...
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ps...im a guy unlike the other posters here. I would be very reluctant to date someone that is or used to be a stripper just because of the association with sleaze, and im sure a lot of guys would agree with me, its uncool...
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's not like prostitution, at least in my opinion.
i think you'll find some people will back you up and some will put you down for it. but that comes with most jobs anyway. i mean i'm personally against it, but do whatever YOU feel like. i mean don't get yourself into anything that you may regret later in life.
shadowrow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i personally wouldn't have the guts to do it but if you are happy with yourself why not? i don't see it as "objectifying yourself" or "degrading". Why shouldnt us women take advantage of the power of our bodies. in a way its appreciating our human form. although im probably going a bit over the top. If its good money and you'd be comfortable with it go for it. I'd be worried for a friend if they went into it though as a natural reaction though because its not an everyday job is it.
chloecouture
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I personally wouldn't do it, because even though its not sleeping with anyone else, its a bit like... if you have a boyfriend you should keep that kind of thing for them. And i wouldn't judge anyone who would do it, everyone has their reasons but just hmm everyones different, i just think you could end up regretting it in the future.
xamethystx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i saw an advert for a strip club. i emailed them my cv and they emailed me back to arrange an interview but i just couldnt do it. tbh it seemed a bit dodgy. if thats what you want to do to earn a bit of extra cash, then do it! its your choice. i dont think theres anythin bad about it. yeh it can be a bit sleazy but if youre only doing it until you canh find somethin better then go for it.
dandan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I were a fit lady, I'm not even a fit cross dresser, tried for comic relief, I would be happy to take money off blokes. In life you have to utilise all you assets, be it physical or mental to get ahead of the pack. You will get alot more cash taking you clothes off than working in tescos. All this ******** about it being degrading is just feminist having a moan. I know of a girl at uni who worked at Spearmint Rhino for a year, earned enough to put herself through uni. Her: No debt. Me: lots. you figure it out.
CTurbinado
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
go for it.
electro_girl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ignore these prudes!!! go for it....think of the ££$$
lolilady---O
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by electro_girl)
no its not. just go for it! i would if i was pretty
Oh shutup you are FITTTT

erm Op if you feel okay with it and have the confidence then GO FOR IT. Don't listen to people saying ZOMG that's disgusting. It's your body and your life.
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by electro_girl)
ignore these prudes!!! go for it....think of the ££$$
What has the world come to these days.....:confused:
kayzy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i couldn't do it but if i had the confidence might consider it

as long as you are happy, just go for it :^_^:
lolilady---O
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's the pay Op??
gamer91
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as you dont personally have any moral problems with it, theres no reson not to, however...

(Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
ps...im a guy unlike the other posters here. I would be very reluctant to date someone that is or used to be a stripper just because of the association with sleaze, and im sure a lot of guys would agree with me, its uncool...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (191)
39.71%
No - but I will (29)
6.03%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.4%

Watched Threads