The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^ Just don't tell your new boyfriend then. Problem solved.
Reply 21
lolilady---O
What's the pay Op??

generally you pay the club a flat fee each night and then you keep what you make...
Reply 22
ask if they have any waitressing jobs. i have friends who make a bomb doing that, and you just have to wear skimpy clothes, not dance or strip!
Reply 23
I could never ever do it.

There are so many other jobs- cleaners, McDonald's, anything but that...
Nothing like prostitution. Honestly, if someone told me they stripped then, y'know, it's just a job. If it's a decent establishment, good security etc then go for it. But stay safe, sometimes these places can be less than reputable.
Reply 25
Hmm making yourself an object to men is pretty low, it's definitely a last resort.
Well, I wouldn't want you stripping for me anyway.
Solid_Snake_100
I would be very reluctant to date someone that is or used to be a stripper just because of the association with sleaze, and im sure a lot of guys would agree with me, its uncool...

i disagree. would be a turn-on.
If you're happy to do it, then go for it. I imagine it's pretty good pay, and there's always tips :wink:
Reply 29
Don't do it please. Why degrade yourself just because of money? Think about all those men who come and watch you then either go to the toilet or go home and fantasize about you and start tossing themselves off thinking about you. sorry for the explict nature of my post, but seriously find some other ways of trying to earn some money. All the Best :smile:
Reply 30
lolilady---O
What's the pay Op??

15 quid per show, about 3 shows a night then 20 quid for one songs private dance plus tips.
doin like 5 shows every night n then however many private ones. not bad going.
Reply 31
It's not "like" prostitution, but it has strong ties to the world of prostitution and drugs, I believe.

Also, I would instantly lose respect for anyone who became a stripper. If I found out one of my friends was doing this it'd make me sick.
What you need to remember is that money isnt everything. Have you ever been to a strip club? Also how do you think you will feel about it in the future, would it be something to tell you children? Finally what do your family think?

I personally wouldnt want my sisters stripping but ultimately it is a personal choice.
Reply 33
i wouldn't do it- i had a similarish bad experience and people say the money will make it worth it but it doesn't. i don't think you should do anything you wouldn't feel proud of.
Reply 34
wholikeswood
i disagree. would be a turn-on.

You find crack bitches nice!?
You posted a thread saying you were afraid to show off your body by getting changed at the gym yesterday.

Being a stripper is a fair bit worse than that, because then everybody is actually STARING at you.

For the love of god woman, use some common sense.
Reply 36
Its not degrading if you don't let it be. I would do it.
Reply 37
I would look around the place, talk to people that already work there and find out what it's like before you start working there, make an informed decision.
Reply 38
I wouldn't do this, you never know what it could lead to. You may never want to stop stripping if you make enough money... is that what you want?
Well I wouldn't want my girlfriend or sister (if i had one lol) to be a stripper so i guess i do have some problems with it. However, it's your decision isn't it and it's not prostitution. Was watching a docu the other night about Stringfellows and the guy was saying how some of his girls can make like £2000 a week ... thats like £100k a year just to dance !!

Latest

Trending

Trending