DVD Movie Burning Software Watch

chernij
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I am looking for a free piece of software which will allow me to burn movies onto a DVD. If possible I would like the software to also be able to create menus.

Please no software that leaves a watermark across the screen (unless tiny in the corner, similair to a permanent DivX watermark).

Thanks in advance
Raving Hobo
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
you have a thing for hitler display pictures
chernij
Rep:
?
(Original post by imtired)
What kind of movies? I use DVD architect to burn things from my camcorder and to copy DVDs. For divx, mpeg etc. just go on download.com and download one of the free ones, i've used a couple (not on this computer) that burn without watermarks.
.avi files, .mp4 files and .mkv files too if possible

I searched on download.com but too many are either trial version with watermarks or are just plain useless
chernij
Rep:
?
(Original post by imtired)
Search for Cheetah DVD Burner, you can use the free trial, i remember using it before for a .avi movie, try it.
Thanks, "rep" your way for the avi files burning. I'll have a look for a video converter to convert the other files to .avi Thanks
Threshold
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Your best option would be to convert the files you have to MPEG-2, which are DVD compatible, then use a free program called 'Gui for DVDAuthor' to author that file into the necessary files for DVD compliance. It's a clunky looking piece of software, but it works, and has the ability to create menus. Then just use any burning software to burn those files to a DVD, and they'll play in a standard player.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Get a Nero 8 free trial, it's for 30 days. You can get LOADS of cracked versions on warez sites, or you can buy the official version for £50 for a year.

Nero is really good though I only really use it for burning DVD's tbh, but i know how much i'm saving in the long run (copying DVD's) so i think it's worth it. ;yes;
chernij
Rep:
?
Thanks for all your help guys!
I found out that I had a DVD burner free with my laptop - Cyberlink Power2Go! Free CD Key on a sticker on my laptop! Haha!
rubycin
Report 10 years ago
For PC user:

DVD Flick

DVD Styler

DivXtoDVD Perl Script

ImgBurn

For Mac user:

Sorry, I do not find the free dvd burner. Just find some shareware:

iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac,

Google search, maybe you will find more free dvd burner.
xilisoft, wondershare,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads