geology Watch

sampshogg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
im hopefully applying to RH for geology and it says i need BBC i was just wondering if anyone had had any offers for geology or actually study it? also any info on the department etc etc wud be amazing cheers
Shortarse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, I'll be starting third year in september the department is really friendly and the geology society puts on some really good social events so if you get the chance I'd definately join that!

er.... was there anything in particular you wanted to know?
Kt x
sampshogg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
thanks yeh i heard from somewhere else that the geology society is reli gd!

seeing as you starting your third year do you know much about the links to industry? do many graduates find employment soon? do you have any idea's of what you wanna do after your final year?

cheers
Shortarse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I believe there is a 4 year course that includes a year in industry, but I don't think anyone in my year is on it so I don't really know anything about that course.

We get emails from lecturers quite often telling us about geology companies looking for temporary workers, and every now and then BP or whoever will give a presentation and leave a load of information leaflets for us. One of the people who has just graduated is working on an oil rig, another is emigrating to Australia :s our employment rate is pretty good, employers respect London degrees.

As for me, I don't have anything specific in mind but definately something geological no point getting a degree and not using it! I want to do some travelling first though, I'm in no rush to start working hehe.
Kt x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise