Raf 2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

I'm just looking for some advice, if anyone knows:

Does the RAF Capita look back on every time you've been to the doctors? Or is it a medical examination and if anything flags up then they go into your history?

Many thanks.
username5006394
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Raf 2019)
Hi all,

I'm just looking for some advice, if anyone knows:

Does the RAF Capita look back on every time you've been to the doctors? Or is it a medical examination and if anything flags up then they go into your history?

Many thanks.

The Capita medical is a physical and mental evaluation of the candidate at the time of the medical based on the guidance set out within JSP950, if you look through JSP950 it will detail the process and required tests. The Dr conducting the medical will question you to provide information that will be held on your medical file.

They will not have your medical file, yet will question you on past medical history covering topics from the pre-medical questionnaire. You must inform them honestly of any, and every relevant condition when asked.

If you attend the Capita medical and inform the Dr you saw the GP about X they will make you TMU (temporarily medically unfit) contact the GP requesting the diagnosis, any treatments etc. relating to X. Following receipt of the information from the GP they will schedule a paper review, whereby a Dr reviews the documents from the GP and makes a decision/grading. This can sometimes be another TMU requesting that more up to date information is provided.

I must stress you need to be honest. Should you be successful in your application, once in training your medical records will be available and should you have been found to hide something you will likely be discharged.
Last edited by username5006394; 1 year ago
Raf 2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by Je55icall)
The Capita medical is a physical and mental evaluation of the candidate at the time of the medical based on the guidance set out within JSP950, if you look through JSP950 it will detail the process and required tests. The Dr conducting the medical will question you to provide information that will be held on your medical file.

They will not have your medical file, yet will question you on past medical history covering topics from the pre-medical questionnaire. You must inform them honestly of any, and every relevant condition when asked.

If you attend the Capita medical and inform the Dr you saw the GP about X they will make you TMU (temporarily medically unfit) contact the GP requesting the diagnosis, any treatments etc. relating to X. Following receipt of the information from the GP they will schedule a paper review, whereby a Dr reviews the documents from the GP and makes a decision/grading. This can sometimes be another TMU requesting that more up to date information is provided.

I must stress you need to be honest. Should you be successful in your application, once in training your medical records will be available and should you have been found to hide something you will likely be discharged.
Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Where did you learn all this?

Thanks.
username5006394
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Where did you learn all this?

Thanks.
Hi RAF 2019, I was made TMU for a number of months before finally being passed medically fit, in the time I was TMU I researched the process and trained. I had 3-4 paper reviews as the GP and Capita Dr's were passing information back and forth before finally being made medically fit.
Raf 2019
Rep:
?
Hi RAF 2019, I was made TMU for a number of months before finally being passed medically fit, in the time I was TMU I researched the process and trained. I had 3-4 paper reviews as the GP and Capita Dr's were passing information back and forth before finally being made medically fit.
Hi

Oh I see, glad you was finally made medically fit!

How long have you served and what did you go for? Do you enjoy it?

Thanks.
username5006394
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

Oh I see, glad you was finally made medically fit!

How long have you served and what did you go for? Do you enjoy it?

Thanks.
Hi Raf 2019,

I have only recently completed the new one day OASC, so am still in the application process. Hoping for an IOT early next year. (Have my fingers crossed)

What role or roles are you considering?
Raf 2019
Rep:
?
Hi Raf 2019,

I have only recently completed the new one day OASC, so am still in the application process. Hoping for an IOT early next year. (Have my fingers crossed)

What role or roles are you considering?
Oh brilliant.

Well fingers crossed for you too!

Im not 100% sure but I do like the idea of Regiment Gunner, and specially 2 squadron; ideally completing per para and a jumps course. Then see where that leads me I guess!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you look for a copy of JSP950, you don't know if you've got the latest issue, it is nearly 200 pages long, and is written for and used by the medical professionals. Don't read it and try to self-diagnose; just fill out your medical questionnaire honestly (as you sign it to say this is so) and see what happens at the medical assessment.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mooncookie)
Has anyone had the initial Skype based medical interview yet? How’d it go, what type of questions did they ask? Thanks
Please don't bump old or irrelevant threads; start a new one with your questions. There are already posts on here about the online medical, if you look. They'll want to go through your medical history initially.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads