The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

aww wow! That is one nice looking cake!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. I wish someone would make me something like that.

Im keeping my birthday a secret this year from everyone i possibly can, I hate birthdays, especially mine.
Bangers+Mash
H
I want to think about going to retry meds, but im scared things might get worse and i might repeat what I did in the past.
but who knows, who cares. I think im always going to be an unhappy person, my best bet now is to try and live with it.

everyone, depressed or not, has up and down days- don't confuse it with recovery or relapse because disappointing yourself like that is likely to adversely affect your mood. Take each day as it comes and try not to dwell on negative emotions.

And for everyone here, here's something I found in a sig on another forum:

Everything will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end.

:yep:
Reply 3642
Good sig.

I'm back. Tired!! But okay :smile: One day at a time, me thinks xx
LegendKiller377
Heyyyyy y'all can call me Ali, and i must say you are so welcoming lol wish i knew you in real life:P LOL

Anyways, my problem really is ******* me up........ All my life my parents have enforced the fact that i must be a doctor when i grow up and they've managed to change my feelings and desires to set my mind to become a doctor ( sorry if that dosent make any sense) when i got my GCSE grades i done good but i flopped in additional science where i got a D( i had extenuating circumstances that caused me to get a D in add science, D in citizenship and C in maths, all taken in space of a week) and i wasnt allowed to do bio and chem ( was doin bio chem physics and maths before then changed to english history maths and economics) and i wasnt too bothered about not doing bio and chem cus i knew that if i do well on my exams i can apply for foundation medicine next year................ but the thing that kills me is the fact that i wasnt allowed to do bio and chem and another girl in da same situation as me (got a D in additional science but didnt have any reasonable reason was allowed to do chemistry and it just kills me that she was allowed to do a science and not me) also when my parents realised that i wasnt gonna go through to medicine through the normal way they made me feel bad saying oh your not gonna be a doctor what else are you gonna be and i just keep thinking to myself that im a failure im a ******* failure and i know im not in my heart i know im not i can still achieve high with the a levels im doing now and i can be something of my self

i shed a tear writing all this

Ali

any advice or help on my situation??
Laus
Good sig.

well done hun! easy on the booze, good sleep routines, keep active and don't hide away xxx
Reply 3645
vapid slut magician
well done hun! easy on the booze, good sleep routines, keep active and don't hide away xxx

Thanks hun :^_^:. No one wants to drink for a couple of days anyway, as they are all terribly hungover today! I have only had one can of apple cider tonight :smile:. And I'll do my best. Might be going into York tomorrow with a couple of housemates.

I am on 150mg now so almost there.

How are you?
Bangers+Mash
aww wow! That is one nice looking cake!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. I wish someone would make me something like that.

Im keeping my birthday a secret this year from everyone i possibly can, I hate birthdays, especially mine.

You are NOT keeping your birthday a secret!!! We will make it special ok? Don't argue, just accept that fact :smile:
Laus
Thanks hun :^_^:. No one wants to drink for a couple of days anyway, as they are all terribly hungover today! I have only had one can of apple cider tonight :smile:. And I'll do my best. Might be going into York tomorrow with a couple of housemates.

I am on 150mg now so almost there.

How are you?

im pretty down, but ill cope
hi everyone i havent had chance to read all your posts, ive been away for a while needed to clear my mind - :hugs: to everyone
legendkiller - why are they s adament u become a doctor?
Reply 3649
vapid slut magician
im pretty down, but ill cope

I wish I read this sooner. I'm sorry you feel down :hugs:
Laus
I wish I read this sooner. I'm sorry you feel down :hugs:

just sick of the broken wrist. i miss gymnastics :frown:
Bangers+Mash

I WILL find you with cake on behalf of everyone, okay?!
Laus
Good sig.

Yayy :smile: I'm glad you're okay. I hope it all stays alright :hugs:
depression really is a bugger, it seems to be on and off every couple of months.
Nath_england
depression really is a bugger, it seems to be on and off every couple of months.

:hugs: want to chat?
*pink_sapphires*
:hugs: want to chat?

it feels as though there is no one out there to speak to, as my parents always tell me off for being depressed
Nath_england
it feels as though there is no one out there to speak to, as my parents always tell me off for being depressed

We're all here for you to talk to :smile: I know it's only through a computer screen, but trust me, it helps!

And people who tell you off don't understand depression as it's a very personal thing and unless you've been there you can't begin to imagine what someone else is going through. I often got cross with my friends and family for not understanding but now I realise they just don't understand
Hey guys hope your okay. I havent been to great since i last spoke on here. I cant remember how long its been. I've been hurting a lot inside and have a lot of worries i wish everyone the best take care everyone
*pink_sapphires*
You are NOT keeping your birthday a secret!!! We will make it special ok? Don't argue, just accept that fact :smile:

raspberrybubbles
I WILL find you with cake on behalf of everyone, okay?!

aww thanks, but don't worry you don't have to.
It's in a couple of weeks so i'm trying not to bother about it yet :s-smilie:
How are you both? how is uni going?? :hugs:
Bangers+Mash
aww thanks, but don't worry you don't have to.
It's in a couple of weeks so i'm trying not to bother about it yet :s-smilie:
How are you both? how is uni going?? :hugs:

I know when your birthday is and dont you worry, it is going to be great :biggrin:

I'm feeling really down today. Uni is ok but it's hard. Feels like everything is set in stone now and it's really not that great. Doubt I'll make anymore friends, doubt I'll become close to anyone that I am already friends with, it's hard to motivate myself to do the work and yeah....basically it's hard. Plus my Mum is texting me from home telling me my brother is suicidal which doesn't help me at all. :frown:

How are you? x

Latest