The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
Me too. I've managed to hold back the tears during doctor appointments but I've cried in front of my housemates a few times.
why do people

who know you're depressed, find it a good idea to go and upset you?
Reply 5722
I think some people just don't take it seriously. They don't understand that it's a real problem.
Reply 5723
Oh God, this is such a tricky one. But I have come to a decision: People who have little or no experience of depression cannot - not just will not - cannot - relate or understand what a depressed person is going through. Some people are completely intolerant - they think it's a load of rubbish and don't care if you know it. Others, thankfully, are more tactful. I think you need to avoid the former and befriend the latter. There is no point in being friends with someone who will put you down because they are unable to understand what you are going through. True, it's hard to understand... but it doesn't mean they should treat you like ****. I can't stand people who disregard those with mental illness. Stigma does exist and it does my nut.
Reply 5724
I've realised that while counselling at uni was a good outlet, the reason it probably didn't actually help much is because it encouraged me to explore my issues, when overanalysis is what causes a lot of my problems.

Oh, how ironic this post is.
Hey, uummmmmmm, never posted on here before(at least I don't think I have!)and was jut wondering if any of you had ever had analytical psychotherapy? I've been told it may help me, but I'm not really sure what it entails. Any tips are much appreciated.
And to everyone feeling down just remember there is ALWAYS something worth living for, no matter how bleak it may seem. :smile:
*pink_sapphires*
Dinendal Leralonde - I'm so sorry about the job. Has the company gone into administration or something? :hugs:

Well, no. There was just the three of us in the company. But one client's decided they don't want to carry on with one of our larger projects, and another client has cut down the number of hours they're paying us for IT support by half.

I was given the "potential redundancy notice" today, and a final decision is being made Wednesday. But it's not looking good, since they already took my company laptop and phone from me.
anna_spanner89
i've been crying loads recently, i think something bad and tears well up..its not normal is it

I wish I could cry. It might help me to release some of my stress, and actually help me feel something other than the numbness.
Im feeling blank today...
Reply 5729
Dinendal Leralonde
Well, no. There was just the three of us in the company. But one client's decided they don't want to carry on with one of our larger projects, and another client has cut down the number of hours they're paying us for IT support by half.

I was given the "potential redundancy notice" today, and a final decision is being made Wednesday. But it's not looking good, since they already took my company laptop and phone from me.

How are you doing for savings? If you can, I'd look at this as a chance to take a break, do some travelling maybe.
starchild
Im feeling blank today...

:hugs:

Want to talk about it?
I wont be here for a while.
If anyone wants to speak i'll be on msn.
My msn is on my profile.

Bye xxx
Bangers+Mash
I wont be here for a while.
If anyone wants to speak i'll be on msn.
My msn is on my profile.

Bye xxx

Good luck with your exams. :hugs:
I got put on anti-depressants by my GP yesterday (something beginning with an "a" ) and my doctor doesn't really want me going back to Uni on Monday so I have to choose 1 of 4 options:
1) Go back on Monday anyway
2) Do my Uni work from home for a few weeks until the anti-depressants have kicked in and then decide again what to do
3) Tell the Uni that I'm taking a year out and come back January 2010
4) Leave completely

.....I don't know what to do! Part of me feels like it's giving in if I don't go back. I can't see the point in being at home for 2 weeks, trying to do all my Uni work from home and missing my friends who will all be back too. But I also don't think I can cope with going back either. If I take a year out the majority of my friends will either be on their year abroad this time next year or in their final year, meaning I would have to make new friends - something I find cripplingly difficult - and somewhere new to live. I just want Matt back because I want his advice.....
Im going the doctors in literally 15mins

im terrified, absoloutely terrified. its been such a hard day, just spent it in bed, feeling sorry for myself. my ex is playing up as some of you may know, and he's acted like this to me before...so a part of me is hoping, its his running act. sent him a text telling him i'd chat to him in a week, but hes refusing to talk..and its making me feel low that he hasn't got the respect for me, to even say a word to me

so the doctors...wish me luck!!!
Good luck Anna :hugs: Let us know how it goes....I know all about ex's being bastards :s-smilie:
anna_spanner89

im terrified, absoloutely terrified. its been such a hard day, just spent it in bed, feeling sorry for myself. my ex is playing up as some of you may know, and he's acted like this to me before...so a part of me is hoping, its his running act. sent him a text telling him i'd chat to him in a week, but hes refusing to talk..and its making me feel low that he hasn't got the respect for me, to even say a word to me
You want him back then, I guess. Better to just cut off contact if you think he's just messing you around though. Will only get worse if that's the case.
hbandtr4eva
I got put on anti-depressants by my GP yesterday (something beginning with an "a" ) and my doctor doesn't really want me going back to Uni on Monday so I have to choose 1 of 4 options:
1) Go back on Monday anyway
2) Do my Uni work from home for a few weeks until the anti-depressants have kicked in and then decide again what to do
3) Tell the Uni that I'm taking a year out and come back January 2010
4) Leave completely

.....I don't know what to do! Part of me feels like it's giving in if I don't go back. I can't see the point in being at home for 2 weeks, trying to do all my Uni work from home and missing my friends who will all be back too. But I also don't think I can cope with going back either. If I take a year out the majority of my friends will either be on their year abroad this time next year or in their final year, meaning I would have to make new friends - something I find cripplingly difficult - and somewhere new to live. I just want Matt back because I want his advice.....

I say go back, I would. Being back with friends will cheer you up somewhat surely? But don't do it if you don't feel strong enough to. Basically, don't listen to me :s
G;luck anna, Hope it goes well! :hugs:
Can I ask you all a question? It might be way too personal, and you totally don't have to answer it at all. But for those of you who cut, how often do you do it?

Latest