The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hbandtr4eva
Still hurting so badly because I miss my ex. I feel like I can't go on. Getting up in the mornings is so so hard. I'm falling apart.

Going to Darmstadt on my exchange, don't know how I'm going to cope tbh.

Oh, I love Darmstadt, we stayed there for a couple of days last summer and it is a really nice little city (?). Really relaxed and the shopping isn't bad either :wink: Try and get to a restaurant called Pluckleys - Have the Schwaebische Maultaschen. I want some now...

Take things a day at a time, I take it you're at school/sixth form? :hugs:
hb - i know how you feel. getting up is so so hard. and the pain throughout the day and the thoughts of 'what are they doing? who are they with?' all the time. It's horrible :hugs: x millions for you!

Just a thought...seeing as there are at least 3 of you who do German here...would anyone mind helping me with a few phrases before I go to Lubeck next week please?
Thanks for the support you two, it means a lot :smile:

I've been to Darmstadt before but it was when I was in year 8, so about 7 years ago! I don't really remember much about it though. I'm going with my old school, I just happen to have mentioned it to my old German teacher :p:

kiss_me_now9
Take things a day at a time, I take it you're at school/sixth form.

No, I'm in my second year of Uni, but I've just made the decision not to return after Christmas. May be retaking my second year in September, but I shall see how things go. Thanks for the hugs :smile: I just get really bad down moments...
*pink_sapphires*
hb - i know how you feel. getting up is so so hard. and the pain throughout the day and the thoughts of 'what are they doing? who are they with?' all the time. It's horrible :hugs: x millions for you!

Just a thought...seeing as there are at least 3 of you who do German here...would anyone mind helping me with a few phrases before I go to Lubeck next week please?

Sure, what do you want to know?

Lucky Hb! I think my old German teacher would chase me out of the school if I turned up and asked to go with them on their exchange :biggrin:

It's always best to take things slow, just a step at a time. What were you studying, if you don't mind me asking?
Hmm, why is my life a mess..
kiss_me_now9
Lucky Hb! I think my old German teacher would chase me out of the school if I turned up and asked to go with them on their exchange :biggrin:

It's always best to take things slow, just a step at a time. What were you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

I know I'm soooo lucky! She's my favourite teacher ever, she's so lovely! She has a passion for stationary and loves having different coloured fountain pens so I've got her this as a thank you: clicky on the one called Indian Vibes

I was studying Linguistics with Italian at the University of Essex. I'm not really sure what it is that I don't like but I'm just not happy there.
kiss_me_now9

I might see if I can find out where Canterburys best/cheapest swimming pool is. I'd normally ride once a week as well, but I can't afford it right now :frown:

the one by sainsbury's is called kingsmead sports center, if you join as a student its about £13 a year for membership, then swimming is about £1.50 a time or something like that :smile:
http://www.activelifeltd.co.uk/introductions.php?sc=3

there's also the kings school recreation center which has a pool and gym, i'd say its pretty close to sainsbury's as well
http://www.kings-school.co.uk/document_1.aspx?id=1:31666&id=1:31659&id=1:31637
LegoForEver
the one by sainsbury's is called kingsmead sports center, if you join as a student its about £13 a year for membership, then swimming is about £1.50 a time or something like that :smile:
http://www.activelifeltd.co.uk/introductions.php?sc=3

there's also the kings school recreation center which has a pool and gym, i'd say its pretty close to sainsbury's as well
http://www.kings-school.co.uk/document_1.aspx?id=1:31666&id=1:31659&id=1:31637

I'm gonna have to go and have a look tomorrow, I think. I love being in the water. Thanks for those links, hopefully they're not as far as I think :smile:
I'm off to bed now guys :smile: Thanks for making me feel better. Night y'all :yawn:
Hope you're all ok. :hugs:
there's still some tension in my house. One of my housemates really seems to have a problem with me. I'm extremely conscious of it, whenever he's around. It feels so awkward whenever I'm around with him. And even more so because I know that I don't want to dislike him, and because I know that I got on with him well last year.
I'm massively worried about losing the friends I have. They're all I have left. I used to live an entirely care-free life. I was genuinely happy. But I lost almost everything, slowly and painfully, after my parents emigrated. And the friends I have now are all that is left that's stopping me slipping through the net.
Reply 6490
I hate my life. I hate how I mess up time and time again. I push people away. It is as though I want people to hate me. I am in self-destructive mode. I feel really, really unhappy. Not just down or sad or lonely - seriously depressed and alone. I do not feel like I can relate to anyone. I have made huge mistakes and I just cannot seem to get it together.
Reply 6491
Laus
I hate my life. I hate how I mess up time and time again. I push people away. It is as though I want people to hate me. I am in self-destructive mode. I feel really, really unhappy. Not just down or sad or lonely - seriously depressed and alone. I do not feel like I can relate to anyone. I have made huge mistakes and I just cannot seem to get it together.

:hugs: Listen to me, no matter how bad things get, no matter what mistakes you've made, you can always pull yourself back. You can make sure that any mistakes you've made don't happen again.
Laus

Get it together now then, from now on. It'll all be fine. You're young, everyone makes mistakes, they don't define you from now on for the rest of your life. 2 years down the line they're be a drop in the ocean :smile:
Laus

I can't speak for people at home or at uni, but I think everyone here would agree that you can't push us away or make us hate you, even if you want to. :hugs:
I went out last night. Andrew is officially a dick and I'm asking him not to come out for my birthday thing. he called me a whore and a mess and even when i confronted him about it he wouldn't just leave it. he sent me a text this morning to say he was just messing around and doesn't really mean it and to ask if I was ok. how on earth do you say to someone that no, you're really not ok?

I'd planned to go to the doctor tonight but I can't be bothered. I don't think it'll even help because I don't want to go on meds and I've seen counsellors before so I'm finding it really hard to push myself to go.

but on the upside webber is coming over tonight and my ex still loves me. ha.
death.drop
I went out last night. Andrew is officially a dick and I'm asking him not to come out for my birthday thing. he called me a whore and a mess and even when i confronted him about it he wouldn't just leave it. he sent me a text this morning to say he was just messing around and doesn't really mean it and to ask if I was ok. how on earth do you say to someone that no, you're really not ok?

Sounds like an arse. I guess you'll be better off now he's out of your life...
I had a really low day on sunday. just kept spontanously crying- picking up a bit now though
anna_spanner89
I had a really low day on sunday. just kept spontanously crying- picking up a bit now though
that's good then. :hugs:
What have you been doing since Sunday then? Keep yourself occupied!
Guess I'm taking a positive step...Instead of staying in or going out purely for alcohol, it's my second night at an open mic night in my favourite pub. I'll try and get some people to take a few flattering pictures of me and my shiny red Ibanez :p:
i dont want to sound stupid (well everyone accuses me of that anyway..) but are there two types of depression,like one thats medical and for no reason like nothing to do with whats going on in your life ,and one thats just because of whats going on in your life ,like if this was changed you'd no longer be depressed?:/

Latest