The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*pink_sapphires*
No, you're right, I am claiming jobseekers allowance. I've put my claim in but it's not been processed yet. They've said my course doesn't matter because it's only 5 hours a week and it's in the afternoon/evening so it's fine. I've not heard about New Deal. I'll look into it, thanks :smile: I've asked about work trials but apparently you have to be over 25 :frown: It's all rubbish :frown:

How are you? :hugs:

ah right. I went to a job fair today and they job centre lady was telling me about it. Sounded really good actually, I wish they did it for people who are already in employment as well.

I'm not too bad thanks. took date rape stuff last night to get me to sleep and not dream, was so glad I still had some left. I was literally getting my soldering iron out to burn myself with when I remembered where they were.
jonathan122
I wish people here would like me. :frown:

I feel the same way :cries:
Reply 7342
I like you jonathon and saber! :hugs:
Reply 7343
I don't think my brain is equipped to deal with these feelings, I feel like I'm going crazy. If I don't start to feel better soon, bad things are going to start happening which will make everything so much worse. I sense that my boyfriend needs space from me and is losing patience, and as much as I understand how hard it must be to deal with me, it's so hurtful. He's going home this weekend, and I don't know how I'm going to cope. I want to sedate myself so I don't have to be awake, but I know I can't do that. I wish someone could tell me exactly what to do.
jonathan122
I wish people here would like me. :frown:

I do! :console:

what's up?
Reply 7345
jonathan122
:hugs:

Are you still at York at the moment?

Nope. I need to collect my stuff before the end of term. I just remembered your PM :love: Sorry, I will reply. My head has been all over the place. How are you? :hugs: Sorry I haven't posted in here for a while.
Reply 7346
I like you a lot, Jonathan. Sorry if you feel like I'm ignoring you. I do value our friendship. I've been a crap friend to most people lately - my mind is elsewhere. Sorry x a million. :hugs:
Random question does anyone here have any experience on dealing with schizophrenia or Borderline Personality Disorder, it's currently being investigated by my Psychiatrist at Miranda House in Hull but they're having great difficulties in narrowing it to which one I definitely have. Was wondering if anybody had any experiences on misdiagnoses or the mentioned conditions?

Also I've been told that in patient care is currently being considered as an option because of my high risk of self harm, but that due to beds being full in the NHS I may be put in one of the Priory group owned hospitals, any experiences of them as well?
Sorry everyone, my earlier post was about people in Oxford ("here"). I know all of you are always there for me. :hugs:
jonathan122
Sorry everyone, my earlier post was about people in Oxford ("here"). I know all of you are always there for me. :hugs:

I like you and I'm in Oxford!
Reply 7350
fire2burn
Random question does anyone here have any experience on dealing with schizophrenia or Borderline Personality Disorder, it's currently being investigated by my Psychiatrist at Miranda House in Hull but they're having great difficulties in narrowing it to which one I definitely have. Was wondering if anybody had any experiences on misdiagnoses or the mentioned conditions?

Also I've been told that in patient care is currently being considered as an option because of my high risk of self harm, but that due to beds being full in the NHS I may be put in one of the Priory group owned hospitals, any experiences of them as well?

Hi, I have borderline personality disorder so if I can help I will :smile: I've also been an inpatient in and adolescent psychiatric unit for 10 months but it was and NHS one rather than private. I do however have a friend who spent a while in the Priory so I could ask them about it (although at the moment they're in an eating disorders unit so it might be a bit hard to get hold of them).
becki08
Hi, I have borderline personality disorder so if I can help I will :smile: I've also been an inpatient in and adolescent psychiatric unit for 10 months but it was and NHS one rather than private. I do however have a friend who spent a while in the Priory so I could ask them about it (although at the moment they're in an eating disorders unit so it might be a bit hard to get hold of them).

I'm not sure yet if it's definitely BPD or schizophrenia, they say the two can't co-exist so I have one or the other but appear to have strong symptoms from both. I have several more sessions with the psychiatric assessment team, then they'll draw a conclusion.

How did they treat your BPD? I've had dialectical behavioural therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy before however neither did anything, and my Psychologist who I was seeing at the time told me it was the primary methods used to treat it. After I didn't respond to it and got drastically worse they referred me to a psychiatrist, and it was them that said in patient care should be considered if I'm willing.

I've got a friend who stayed in a priory hospital (Altrincham), however I was more interested in people with experiences of being treated for personality disorders or schizophrenia as the approaches tend to be different.

What was your experience of the NHS unit, largely positive or negative?
Thanks for the responses guys, just to clarify, like jonathan I also meant here as in at uni, not here in depression society. :hugs:
It's ok Saber :hugs:

I feel so so low today. Everything is going wrong and I can't see it changing. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. This is how my life is going to be forever. I think it's punishment for being an unwanted child. Ok, so my Mum says that isn't true, however it's funny how my father never wanted to know me and how him and Mum split up before I was born. I must have been an accident that she wouldn't terminate or something and as punishment from my father, I have to suffer now.
my parents and sister did an interview in a canadian newspaper about their experiences emigrating. they're banging on about how amazing everything is over there, how well they've settled in. two whole columns, and all i get is a single mention at the end - "they left their eldest, a son, behind at university in england". i don't even have a name, i'm just "a son". i'm getting the impression that they don't see me as part of the family anymore.
*pink_sapphires*
I must have been an accident that she wouldn't terminate or something and as punishment from my father, I have to suffer now.

awww! don't you dare say that!
Pocket Calculator
my parents and sister did an interview in a canadian newspaper about their experiences emigrating. they're banging on about how amazing everything is over there, how well they've settled in. two whole columns, and all i get is a single mention at the end - "they left their eldest, a son, behind at university in england". i don't even have a name, i'm just "a son". i'm getting the impression that they don't see me as part of the family anymore.
awww! don't you dare say that!

Maybe they didn't want to name you because they didn't want to make it seem realistic that they'd left you behind. Not giving you a name can make things less real I suppose. Doesn't mean they don't care, just means readers won't have as much of an emotional reaction if that makes sense...??

And I do genuinely believe what I said today :frown:
Reply 7356
fire2burn
I'm not sure yet if it's definitely BPD or schizophrenia, they say the two can't co-exist so I have one or the other but appear to have strong symptoms from both. I have several more sessions with the psychiatric assessment team, then they'll draw a conclusion.

How did they treat your BPD? I've had dialectical behavioural therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy before however neither did anything, and my Psychologist who I was seeing at the time told me it was the primary methods used to treat it. After I didn't respond to it and got drastically worse they referred me to a psychiatrist, and it was them that said in patient care should be considered if I'm willing.

I've got a friend who stayed in a priory hospital (Altrincham), however I was more interested in people with experiences of being treated for personality disorders or schizophrenia as the approaches tend to be different.

What was your experience of the NHS unit, largely positive or negative?

I'll PM you. :hugs:
Argghh what a crap week i've had yet again :frown: Don't think i've had a decent sleep in weeks, nor have i laughed properly in a good few months :frown: **** sucks.
*pink_sapphires*
Maybe they didn't want to name you because they didn't want to make it seem realistic that they'd left you behind. Not giving you a name can make things less real I suppose. Doesn't mean they don't care, just means readers won't have as much of an emotional reaction if that makes sense...??

And I do genuinely believe what I said today :frown:

i hate the way they almost seem to black me out. i'm the only thing stopping their whole plan becoming a dream, i'm the thorn in the side. not that i ever really got on with them anyway, and not that i really want to be over there. i hate the whole thing.

i'm feeling insanely anxious right now. i'm almost shaking. no idea where this came from. i've been fine today until now. crying now too. why?
i'm off for a walk.
Anyone around tonight? :frown:
This week has been horrible. I think I'm starting to feel those depressive emotions again. I've just felt too naustious to eat, can't sleep properly, and just keep feeling on the verge of tears.

Latest