The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

becki08
You are doing good raspberry - you're keeping on going and you're such a lovely supportive person :hugs:

I'm not doing well, though... I'm sinking further and further. At this rate I'm going to end up in my GPs office again and I don't want that :frown: And I'm not supportive, I don't post much anymore
raspberrybubbles
My counsellor thinks I've never learnt praise, I don't know how to learn it though :frown: I just feel it's wasting time: every day I do the same and it just feels so wasteful :frown: Please don't be proud, I'm doing nothing good.

I'll post the recipe when I've found where I put it :tongue: I would send more but they got eated :bumps:

:hugs:

Ive never learnt praise also. Why dont we learn together. I have to go for a bit but keep going ok.

:hugs:

love you :hugs: xxx
Reply 882
You are supportive. You've been there for me plenty of times. I know things are hard right now but you're still fighting, you haven't given up yet :hugs: If you go to your GP that's ok, he can get you some help. It doesn't make you weak or a bad person :hugs:
becki08
You are supportive. You've been there for me plenty of times. I know things are hard right now but you're still fighting, you haven't given up yet :hugs: If you go to your GP that's ok, he can get you some help. It doesn't make you weak or a bad person :hugs:

It does because I hate going, asking for help makes me weak, he'll do **** all so it's just humiliating. I feel so alone.
raspberrybubbles
It does because I hate going, asking for help makes me weak, he'll do **** all so it's just humiliating. I feel so alone.

You have us :hugs:
Hi.
I just came across this society and hoped maybe it might be some help.
I've suffered on and off with what I think is a kind of depression since primary school. It comes and goes frequently, I'll have periods of tranqulity and near happiness for a few weeks, then suddenly one day I'll crash.. and feel like I'm in hell for months.
I don't really have many friends, and the friendships I do have are complicated and only seem to bring pain.
I spend most of my time doing nothing whatsoever, just sitting in my room.
Depression runs in one side of my family, but my cousin and aunt both got hooked on anti-depressents and it really screwed them up, so my parents won't let me go to the my GP or get medication.
I never feel like I have anything to look forward to, nothing ever really makes me happy, most of the time I prefer sitting in my room and not talking or doing anything.
When I crash I get really self destructive. I tend to cut down on eating alot and I've self harmed aswell.
I'm not really sure what the point of saying this is
gee_shakedown
Hi.
I just came across this society and hoped maybe it might be some help.
I've suffered on and off with what I think is a kind of depression since primary school. It comes and goes frequently, I'll have periods of tranqulity and near happiness for a few weeks, then suddenly one day I'll crash.. and feel like I'm in hell for months.
I don't really have many friends, and the friendships I do have are complicated and only seem to bring pain.
I spend most of my time doing nothing whatsoever, just sitting in my room.
Depression runs in one side of my family, but my cousin and aunt both got hooked on anti-depressents and it really screwed them up, so my parents won't let me go to the my GP or get medication.
I never feel like I have anything to look forward to, nothing ever really makes me happy, most of the time I prefer sitting in my room and not talking or doing anything.
When I crash I get really self destructive. I tend to cut down on eating alot and I've self harmed aswell.
I'm not really sure what the point of saying this is

Hi Gee :hugs: Welcome to the soc.
Could you perhaps go behind your parents' backs about this? It's not highly ideal, but it's the only way I've only ever been able to do anything about it. There are other options, eg CBT or counselling...
upturnedpalms
You have us :hugs:

Thanks Hannah, I know I do, it just feels so difficult to believe that at times, but thanks :hugs:
The cookies recipe, for sitara! (and anyone else...!)

Spoiler

Reply 889
I'm exhausted.
becki08
I'm exhausted.

I'm not surprised, with what you've been through today. I know it's easier said than done, but try and get some sleep, lots of sleep. That's my basic defense mechanism, sleep and blot it out if you can.

Hi gee, welcome. I'm Hannah :smile:

We're just all kind of here if there's anything at all you want to talk about or want support with.
raspberrybubbles
Hi Gee :hugs: Welcome to the soc.
Could you perhaps go behind your parents' backs about this? It's not highly ideal, but it's the only way I've only ever been able to do anything about it. There are other options, eg CBT or counselling...

Thanks for the welcome :smile:
I've thought about it, I'm just slightly apprehensive incase the GP is dismissive of me.
I just wish I could snap myself out of it. This Summer has been really bad for me so far, all the time completely by myself has given me way too much time to brood. I tried looking for a job, but I live in a pretty small town and nowhere is hiring, and besides when I did try looking, as stupid as it sounds I completely clammed up, just started blushing loads and couldn't bring myself to go into the shops, and when I did and people just said no I just felt worse and worse until I ended up crying. I feel like I'm hypersensitive.
I'm sorry for the whining
Reply 892
I want to sleep and sleep and sleep but I have work tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up in the morning and all of this will have been a bad dream.
gee_shakedown
Thanks for the welcome :smile:
I've thought about it, I'm just slightly apprehensive incase the GP is dismissive of me.
I just wish I could snap myself out of it. This Summer has been really bad for me so far, all the time completely by myself has given me way too much time to brood. I tried looking for a job, but I live in a pretty small town and nowhere is hiring, and besides when I did try looking, as stupid as it sounds I completely clammed up, just started blushing loads and couldn't bring myself to go into the shops, and when I did and people just said no I just felt worse and worse until I ended up crying. I feel like I'm hypersensitive.
I'm sorry for the whining

He shouldn't be dismissive of you :smile: And if he is, you could always change GPs?
You aren't whining :smile: I know what you mean about people saying no and crying, but unfortunately, I can't offer any solutions... yet!
becki08
I want to sleep and sleep and sleep but I have work tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up in the morning and all of this will have been a bad dream.

Could you call in sick, becki? A lot has happened, and I'm sorry :hugs:
--
I think I'm going to have to go on sick leave soon if this continues:mad:
Hello Gee, welcome :hugs: I should warn you we are very huggy and most of us are around a lot. But it is a great soc :smile: You arent whining, trust me. :hugs: we're here for you :hugs:

oh and call me siti (its an old nickname and now everyone calls me that)
Oh and Gee, study History, tis a great subject. I do it at UEA :smile: highly reccomend it :smile:
I like it here. There's lots of smiles and hugs :woo:
I'll try and be helpful and give out alot of hugs aswell:grouphugs:

And yes I'm planning on studying history :smile: It's the best subject :cool:
Reply 898
Hi gee :hugs:

I'm going to try and get some sleep now. Hopefully I'll either not wake up or if I do then it'll all be a dream.
I'm going to echo becki's words.

in abit y'all x

Latest