The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

****** up for the last time. My mum (jesus, how ******* pathetic) gave a verbal resignation for me and wrote me out a letter to sign.

If I sign it, I never go back to work, they'll give me a **** reference, and no ******* college, sixth form, job or country will want me.

If I don't, I make my mum look like she's an evil controlling bitch and I have to go and grovel. And put up with a job that is ******* killing me for another few months hoping that the colleges I've applied to don't get hold of it.
Reply 9341
kiss_me_now9
****** up for the last time. My mum (jesus, how ******* pathetic) gave a verbal resignation for me and wrote me out a letter to sign.

If I sign it, I never go back to work, they'll give me a **** reference, and no ******* college, sixth form, job or country will want me.

If I don't, I make my mum look like she's an evil controlling bitch and I have to go and grovel. And put up with a job that is ******* killing me for another few months hoping that the colleges I've applied to don't get hold of it.

Don't give in to your mum, you need to be strong...
:frown: its getting closer :frown: dont want to think about it but it keeps coming back :frown: bad dreams and stuff :frown: arghh :frown:
Managed to **** things up even more over the course of the day.
Reply 9344
kiss_me_now9
Managed to **** things up even more over the course of the day.

:hugs: What's happened?
Arghh i hate it :frown: i hate myself :frown: why wont the dreams and the thoughts stop. Who would have thought after 4 years i havent got over this :frown:
http://fouryearson.blogspot.com/

Just a blog which I will be writing over the next few months.
BruceTaylor
:hugs: What's happened?

OK now, for a bit. Looks like my mood is swinging up today, funny things eh?

Decided that I'll either take in my resignation tomorrow and resign completly, or I'll offer to work out the months notice I should give them - Haven't decided which yet though :s-smilie: My mum keeps saying that no college will take me if I just leave now, if I keep not turning up they'll sack me and I'll never get another job or into college.

I'll try and decide over night... I think I'll try and work out the notice if they let me, it's only 4 weeks (so 20 days/shifts) and I do owe them a bit. Plus I could use the money.

There's a possibilty of another job for me come September, but I don't know if it's actually going to be there so I'm not counting my chickens, looks like it's back to Sunday shop work after this though! :rolleyes:
I got a First. :party:
kiss_me_now9
My mum keeps saying that no college will take me if I just leave now, if I keep not turning up they'll sack me and I'll never get another job or into college.

That's not true - if it were, then it would count as discrimination (as you technically count as disabled because of your depression) and would be illegal.
I finished my exams over two weeks ago and I have nothing to do all summer :frown: The best hobby I've had in my life was taken away from me (an internet gaming account that I absolutely adored) because someone framed me and the staff there believed it was me :frown: That happened last summer and since then, I haven't had anything to do :frown: Can someone suggest something for me to do?
Reply 9351
jonathan122
I got a First. :party:

:hugs: Congrats mate :biggrin:
Hai guys. Thought I might join this Soc more as a mentor than an actual depressive. I suffered with depression for about 9 months during my A-Levels but once I had eventually found my release I am starting to enjoy life for what it's worth. Just finished my first year of a Maths Masters degree, obtaining 68.5%.

I will be here if anyone needs to talk, all you have to do is PM me and I can chat either on here or on MSN provided I'm around, I'm a willing listener and don't mind how shallow or deep into detail anyone wishes to go. I'll keep an eye on this thread too :smile:

:lovehug:
I have no job, no money, no love, and have now found out I can't claim Jobseekers Allowance, despite everyone I've spoken to saying that I was eligible. They waited 3/4 weeks to tell me this! I was told I would start receiving JSA last Thursday.

Anyone still think suicide's not for me?
Dinendal Leralonde
I have no job, no money, no love, and have now found out I can't claim Jobseekers Allowance, despite everyone I've spoken to saying that I was eligible. They waited 3/4 weeks to tell me this! I was told I would start receiving JSA last Thursday.

Anyone still think suicide's not for me?

Why can't you claim JSA?

Life isn't a piece of stone... it's fluid and none of us know what's around the corner. Who's to say that you don't meet the girl of your dreams tomorrow? Or that you're walking down the street next week and you see a vacancy for the *perfect* job?

We've all made bad decisions and wrong turns in our lives, don't write yourself off at 21 because currently you haven't got a job or a girlfriend is probably the worst one you can make. You're stronger than that, I know it, you know it and everyone else in this thread knows it!
Because I'm going to be a full-time student. I told them I was on Placement, and I took evidence of my loans, and they said I was still eligible.

I won't find a vacancy for the perfect job because I already had it. And then the ******* recession hit. I have applied for a job as an IT Tech somewhere, but I've got to wait until two weeks last Friday until I can properly assume I've not even got to the interview stage. And interviewing started yesterday.

Typical. Just when I start to think I might actually be getting to a point where I can get everything right again, everything that's left comes crashing down around me in one go.
So, you're going to uni/back in September? Who's to say you don't get a cute girl turn up in your lectures next year? Relationships come and go, as do jobs. I know 40 year olds who are unemployed through choice because they're doing a degree in September and they want a change of career.

If it's any consolation, the Gov. have just sent me a letter saying that they might have over paid me and might want a few hundred quid back :rolleyes:

And at least you know what your perfect job is, I haven't got a clue, lol! My 'perfect job' finding method is throwing pins into a career map. :p:
kiss_me_now9
So, you're going to uni/back in September? Who's to say you don't get a cute girl turn up in your lectures next year? Relationships come and go, as do jobs. I know 40 year olds who are unemployed through choice because they're doing a degree in September and they want a change of career.

If it's any consolation, the Gov. have just sent me a letter saying that they might have over paid me and might want a few hundred quid back :rolleyes:

And at least you know what your perfect job is, I haven't got a clue, lol! My 'perfect job' finding method is throwing pins into a career map. :p:

Going back in October. And there most likely won't be any cute girls in my lectures, because cute girls don't tend to do software development.
Dinendal Leralonde
Going back in October. And there most likely won't be any cute girls in my lectures, because cute girls don't tend to do software development.

Ah, October. Not long still!

And you never know... Besides, you get so many more opportunities to meet people at uni. Societies, nights out, lectures, in town, everywhere. But if you go with the idea of 'oh, there's no-one around here I'd like to talk to' then you won't find people. Like umbrellas, minds work best when they're open :wink:
sil3nt_cha0s
I finished my exams over two weeks ago and I have nothing to do all summer :frown: The best hobby I've had in my life was taken away from me (an internet gaming account that I absolutely adored) because someone framed me and the staff there believed it was me :frown: That happened last summer and since then, I haven't had anything to do :frown: Can someone suggest something for me to do?

Learn an instrument? I just bought a well cheap instrument on ebay to learn on and keep me occupied this summer. Or maybe a language? That'd keep you busy. Instrument is more fun though :p:

Latest