The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
I can't even think about things never mind talk or write them down. I saw my counsellor today and she says I need to write stuff but I can't do it.
Heya fairy, im good thanks at the moment, see how long it lasts.
How have you been? :hugs:
And yep, good ol' Birmingham-ish eh! lol
I know becki, i have never been able to write my feelings either, i understand how hard it can be.
but just try and write one, thats all, what is your smallest worry now and write it down.
You dont have to write an essay, just jot down one thing thats bothering you, for me :hugs: *Gives a cheesy grin*
And then you can screw the paper up and never look at it again.
Reply 1603
I can identify what's wrong I just can't think or talk about it. It hurts too much so I shut it out automatically.
becki08
I can identify what's wrong I just can't think or talk about it. It hurts too much so I shut it out automatically.

I know, it becomes a habit to shut it out.
the fact you can identify whats wrong is great, you do have a feeling of yourself no matter how small you might think it is, you have it.
Just try the smallest tiniest chip of a worry and write it.

It can be silly like; I didnt like the way 'so and so' looked at me today.
Then you can put the paper in the bin.

However if you really cant, i completely understand, it is hard to bring feelings up and out into the open where you can feel so vulnerable, just remember we are all here for you :hugs:
Reply 1605
Thanks B&M :hugs:
becki08

Hi becki, :hugs:

If you're really finding it difficult to write things down, it might be worth asking your therapist if you can work through a thought record with her, in your next session. I know that it must hurt so much, but being able to pick apart those thoughts is the first stage to dealing with them. :hugs:
becki08
Hi fairy :hugs: how you doing now?

Hi becki - im okay now ive calmed down a bit - i gave up doing more revision cause ive already done loads and im tired i guess whats done is done with the e-mail thingy.
Im really trying to convince myself im going to pass
I think you need to do things in your own time not everything will work for everyone.
Hi b&m - Im glad your goos and i hope it lasts for you aswell :smile: :smile:
Reply 1608
Thanks jonathon. I might talk to her about it.

I'm glad you're a bit better fairy. It's good to have a break from revision and I'm sure you will pass :hugs:
Hi fairy :hugs:

That sucks about the e-mail thing :mad:
Can you ask them to take that into consideration when they grade your papers? After all, it wasn't your fault that you missed the revision sessions.
:frown: my sister told my dad about the car accident and he flipped at me. he told me i need to grow up, take responsibility for things and not be such a wimp. he says i'm screwing myself up and i need to sort myself out. really upset me :frown:

keep thinking about the boy. it was lovely at the airport. lots of hugs and kisses. when he finally went, the last thing he said to me was "promise me you'll find a new boyfriend who treats you the way you deserve baby." i said 'a new boyfriend? dont you mean 'a' boyfriend?' and he said 'if i wasn't moving, we'd be together by now.' it was so sad and made things even harder. He kept turning around and waving as he went up the escalator to the departure lounge. He text me when he got there and finished the text with "missing you already! x x x" he also told me not to go out with michael as he's only after one thing. i said i had no intention to go out with him and he said good.

So all in all, a rubbish day. My parents think I need to grow up and stop being so naive, i damaged another car, i cried loads and one of the best people in my life has just moved thousands of miles away. :bawling:

god, i wish i had a bottle of archers near me :frown:
jonathan122
Hi fairy :hugs:

That sucks about the e-mail thing :mad:
Can you ask them to take that into consideration when they grade your papers? After all, it wasn't your fault that you missed the revision sessions.

I dont think that they will accept that and i even e-mailed the person about the sessions over and over again, but because of e-mail problems i didnt get a reply!!
Besides ive decided im gonna get 100%, be calm before the exam and if my memory packs up on me (which it probably will again) - then this time it will not get me down. Its anoying when i cant remember a word - i usually feel the urge to swear loudly.
Im gonna look at this post in a few days - hopefuly make me feel more positive.
Post number 1,000!!
Reply 1613
Congrats fairy :smile: :hugs:
fairy spangles
Post number 1,000!!

:party: :biggrin:
fairy spangles
I dont think that they will accept that and i even e-mailed the person about the sessions over and over again, but because of e-mail problems i didnt get a reply!!
Besides ive decided im gonna get 100%, be calm before the exam and if my memory packs up on me (which it probably will again) - then this time it will not get me down. Its anoying when i cant remember a word - i usually feel the urge to swear loudly.
Im gonna look at this post in a few days - hopefuly make me feel more positive.

I shall quote it, so that you can feel twice as positive:yep:
*pink_sapphires*
:frown: my sister told my dad about the car accident and he flipped at me. he told me i need to grow up, take responsibility for things and not be such a wimp. he says i'm screwing myself up and i need to sort myself out. really upset me :frown:

keep thinking about the boy. it was lovely at the airport. lots of hugs and kisses. when he finally went, the last thing he said to me was "promise me you'll find a new boyfriend who treats you the way you deserve baby." i said 'a new boyfriend? dont you mean 'a' boyfriend?' and he said 'if i wasn't moving, we'd be together by now.' it was so sad and made things even harder. He kept turning around and waving as he went up the escalator to the departure lounge. He text me when he got there and finished the text with "missing you already! x x x" he also told me not to go out with michael as he's only after one thing. i said i had no intention to go out with him and he said good.

So all in all, a rubbish day. My parents think I need to grow up and stop being so naive, i damaged another car, i cried loads and one of the best people in my life has just moved thousands of miles away. :bawling:

god, i wish i had a bottle of archers near me :frown:

:console:

I'm sorry about the car, but things will calm down, it's just one of those things. :hugs:

You'll see gavin again, it's not forever :hugs:
Reply 1617
:frown: I don't think I can do this :cry:
jonathan122
I shall quote it, so that you can feel twice as positive:yep:

:biggrin: :yep: thankyou
becki08
:frown: I don't think I can do this :cry:

hey dear :hugs:
Whats the matter?

Latest