new students 2008 :) Watch

ajanska
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hi there!
I am starting this year at st andrews but I don't know a single person there because I come from abroad (Poland).
I thought that new students ( and "old" too ) could meet and chat a little bit in this thread
after all it's quite a stresfull situatuion to suddenly live in a new place where you know nobody
so who's going to show up at st andrews this year?
Knudsen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ajanska)
hi there!
I am starting this year at st andrews but I don't know a single person there because I come from abroad (Poland).
I thought that new students ( and "old" too ) could meet and chat a little bit in this thread
after all it's quite a stresfull situatuion to suddenly live in a new place where you know nobody
so who's going to show up at st andrews this year?

hey there! don't worry about not knowing anyone before hand, hardly anyone does! as well, there are going to be PLENTY of students from abroad, including a fair share of Polish people I speak Polish too though, so if you feel lonely before you get to make new friends once you get to StA, just contact me!
Schajin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey: ajanska )

good places to start meeting people before September are the yougofurther.co.uk and facebook sites! I've met loads of nice poeple on there.

what will you be studying?
ajanska
I know that I'm not the only student from abroad
but still I would prefer to know a few people

I've singned up for Biomolecular Scienes

pikkulintu
Report 10 years ago
I'm starting this year. Can't wait to be honest. Was at St. Andrews last Friday for the day, and it's just such a nice place. Lovely atmosphere too.

But anyway, I'll be studying MChem Chemistry. Shall be fun.
TheNorth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pikkulintu)
I'm starting this year. Can't wait to be honest. Was at St. Andrews last Friday for the day, and it's just such a nice place. Lovely atmosphere too.

Another Glaswegian making the move to St A's! It's such a change of atmosphere i also can't wait to start.
tidbits
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

same here, except with the addition of industrial placement, or so it seems for now

shall be fun
lisa_xx
Report 10 years ago

(Original post by tidbits)
same here, except with the addition of industrial placement, or so it seems for now

shall be fun
yey 2 ppl on here r both doin mchem chemistry! i only hav a conditional offer so far but will hopefully b joinin yas this september!
sophie_c
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone!
I'm starting in sept too...i'm doing Biology with french.
LivvyLovesWhisky
Report 10 years ago
Woohoo..another biologist..I'm doing Ecology and Conservation..so you will more than likely be in my building Sophie.
sophie_c
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ooh cool! will probs see you around then!
autumn_breeze04
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, I've got a conditional offer to study English, can't wait to find out my results! XD
Diamante
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey!
I'm from Norway. I've just gotten my IB results and I've met my conditions! So...I'M GOING TO STUDY MEDICINE AT ST. ANDREWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tidbits
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Diamante)
Hey!
I'm from Norway. I've just gotten my IB results and I've met my conditions! So...I'M GOING TO STUDY MEDICINE AT ST. ANDREWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey congrats that's splendid, I know how happy I was when I got mine and met the offer so yeah, great work

see ya all there
Diamante
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tidbits)
hey congrats that's splendid, I know how happy I was when I got mine and met the offer so yeah, great work

see ya all there

Thank you and congratulations to you too! C ya there
raredrum
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey there.....
gonna be doing my masters in environmental, all the way from India.....sept 08..unconditional
ajanska
that's great
and I thought that I'm going to be far away from home
see you soon
pipkinlove
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by autumn_breeze04)
Hey, I've got a conditional offer to study English, can't wait to find out my results! XD
Me tooooooo!!!!!!

Really can't wait, already started my reading list lol!

:woo:
xLx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pipkinlove)
Me tooooooo!!!!!!

Really can't wait, already started my reading list lol!

:woo:
I'm studying English too! I didnt know there was a reading list though!
Terazzio
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xLx)
I'm studying English too! I didnt know there was a reading list though!
just out of interest what were your offers because I want to study english at st andrews and I got a B in my AS is it even worth me applying? I want to do it joint with French which i got an A in if that will endear me to them any more haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads