The Student Room Group

mental health as a student?

do you think that as a student in secondary school or in your sixthform/collage that mental health is a big issue? do you feel that you have enough support available for you?
Yes, it is an issue for me and many of my lads. I believe it is recognized, but more support is needed for those who are not as financially equipped as some others.
It’s a big issue, but there needs to be more awareness for lesser recognised and more stigmatised illnesses/disorders
i

Original post by Shannon.Leanne
It’s a big issue, but there needs to be more awareness for lesser recognised and more stigmatised illnesses/disorders

i could not aggree more.
do you know of any example of people who is deprived of this support? what was the situation?
Original post by PattyDaddy
Yes, it is an issue for me and many of my lads. I believe it is recognized, but more support is needed for those who are not as financially equipped as some others.

i could not aggree more.

do you know of any example of people who is deprived of this support? what was the situation?
It’s a huge issue. I go to a mixed grammar school sixth form and it’s not uncommon to walk into our shared area and see people crying over grades, tests, not understanding anything etc.

We have 1 counsellor who only comes in 1 day a week, as well as a full time “Pastoral” lady, who is never in her office and can’t offer anything except contacting charities to see if they can offer free support.

Mental health needs more funding, especially in schools. They should be trying to prevent problems, not put out fires as they arise.
Reply 6
:party:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending