Predicted Grades Confusion... Watch

Je3y
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
If, for my AS results I got AABB, do you think my teachers will increase my current predicted grades (which are BBBC)?

Also, for my maths C1 module, I managed to get 96%.. however my teacher still gave me a B predicted grade. If i get an A for maths AS, should the teacher HAVE TO increase my predicted grade for A2?

One last thing, if anyone could tell me if, say, i got AAAB and drop the B, would the university look at my predicted grades for A2 or what i got in AS? Since I'm considering going to Sheffield Uni to do architecture but need AAA!

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No one here can tell you whether or not your teacers will increase your predicted grades. We don't know you or your teachers. I'm sure they will, if they think you can sustain it.

The teacher doesn't have to increase their own predicted grade, it's their call to make.

If universities know your AS grades (it's up to you to declaire it, as far as I know you still don't have to although this may have now changed) they'll look at AS grades and predicted grades for the A-levels overall.

But don't underestimte the importance of the personal statement and references plus, as you're doing architecture, a portfolio (should the unis you apply to ask for one).
Je3y
Rep:
?
Thanks for such a quick response!

Would a university even consider you if you got, say, AABB but require AAA for A2?

Because I really want to apply to universities that i like that require AAA and would like the opportunity to try!
Ed.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I imagine your predictions would be increased if you got those grades - but teachers are strange animals- anything could happen.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Je3y)
Thanks for such a quick response!

Would a university even consider you if you got, say, AABB but require AAA for A2?

Because I really want to apply to universities that i like that require AAA and would like the opportunity to try!
Not everything is grades. If you get AABB in your A-levels but have a very impressive personal statement and reference (plus interview and portfolio if applicable) they may still give you an offer. It's quite common for some people to motivate themselves even more in the A2 year, or just do better. They'll know this.

But remember that the offer will still be conditional on you achieving AAA (unless they thought you were an amazing candidate and gave you a slightly lower offer).
Je3y
Rep:
?
OK Thanks for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (348)
38.03%
No - but I will (72)
7.87%
No - I don't want to (65)
7.1%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (430)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise