Do I need revision notes for everything?

Watch
G_Edwards
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya! I've just started year 11 and have started thinking about proper GCSE revision. I had planned to make revision notes for every topic in every subject but I am now realising that it takes a very long time (probably won't get it done in time) and doesn't always help me. Do you think it'll be okay just using revision guides, youtube, my school books etc.? Also I am aiming for top grades so advice from last years higher tier students would be greatly appreciated 😊📚
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by G_Edwards)
Hiya! I've just started year 11 and have started thinking about proper GCSE revision. I had planned to make revision notes for every topic in every subject but I am now realising that it takes a very long time (probably won't get it done in time) and doesn't always help me. Do you think it'll be okay just using revision guides, youtube, my school books etc.? Also I am aiming for top grades so advice from last years higher tier students would be greatly appreciated 😊📚
Everyone revises differently and just because something works for one person doesn't mean it will necessarily work for the other. If you feel you are better served sticking with guides and youtube I say go for it!

If you want to ask what others in your situation are doing you could always ask in our Year 11 chat thread here -> Year 11 chat
Cov3rt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Flashcards + past papers
cottonsocks18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I made different revision sources for each subject depending on how it suited me. See what works for you.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't bother with revision notes if it doesn't help you... personally, (I'm doing A levels) I know that for English and French my class notes are enough, but for history it really helps my understanding to make notes. However, I'll typically make these notes in the form of flashcards and only do up to a chapter in a session and then test myself on it. For GCSE, past papers, exemplar questions and revision workbooks were most efficient for me! Also, don'twaste any time trying to make aesthetic notes... there's not point, however fin to make and satisfying they may be.
G_Edwards
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you everyone for your replies. It has really made me feel a lot more settled for my mocks and revision knowing that not everyone makes revision notes but still performs well. Thank you and @EvilHomer I will check out that chat!
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by G_Edwards)
Thank you everyone for your replies. It has really made me feel a lot more settled for my mocks and revision knowing that not everyone makes revision notes but still performs well. Thank you and @EvilHomer I will check out that chat!
You're more than welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (7)
5.04%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
17.27%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.27%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (20)
14.39%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
28.78%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.27%

Watched Threads