Danielle2486
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi I hope someone can help, I have just received an email inviting me to an interview for CCCU for a PGCE in Secondary History on the 6th November. I am bricking it as there was no discussion of the 'Micro-teach' expected during the interview day so I'm not sure what it will concern and how to prepare in such short notice. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Danielle2486)
Hi I hope someone can help, I have just received an email inviting me to an interview for CCCU for a PGCE in Secondary History on the 6th November. I am bricking it as there was no discussion of the 'Micro-teach' expected during the interview day so I'm not sure what it will concern and how to prepare in such short notice. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Did you check all the email attachments fully? Sometimes details of tasks are hidden there? Could any attachments have been blocked e.g. by your spam filter?

If you've got no details at all, I'd suggest emailing the uni with something along the lines of:

"Dear X

Thank you for your invitation to interview on 6th November. I understand that PGCE interviews normally involve a number of tasks including a short micro-teach or presentation. However, on the email I received there were no details about this.

Could you please let me know the format of the interview, and if there is anything I am expected to prepare?

Kind Regards

Your Name"
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Danielle2486)
There was nothing attached to the email; however I did find last years as well as the year before requirements which are the same, explaining how it can be to do with anything regarding history and to bring in a prop to help of our choice.
My thinking is to bring in a selection of foods which summarise the 'typical' diet of a prisoner in a concentration camp from before the war to the 1940s in Germany. So before the war eating Breakfast: porridge with tea/coffee, Lunch: veg soup occasional bread with it, Dinner more soup or in some places bread with cheese. Comparing this to early-mid 1940s when rationing was increased 1/4 cup of coffee, 1/2 cup of water gruel (porridge like), 200g bread with margarine or meat as a rare 'treat'. So whoever is in the room can see, hold etc. the amount instead of just being told the information or seeing photos.
I didn't know if this was a good idea or something which people wouldn't be interested in, it's only a thought just thought it might be more engaging than reading off a sheet but open to ideas!
I think that's potentially a good idea- however, you need to know how long you are going to have to talk about it, filling 2-3 minutes is very different to filling 15 minutes.

Honestly, just email the uni. I'm sure they will be happy to clarify.

Bear in mind that interviews are usually all day deals- what are you going to do with soup or margarine for the rest of the day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (198)
19.22%
Labour (438)
42.52%
Liberal Democrats (200)
19.42%
Green Party (54)
5.24%
Brexit Party (27)
2.62%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.39%
SNP (15)
1.46%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.97%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)