I never talk to girls... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I just dont. I dont know why really.

I always feel very nervous around them and just generally feel uncomfortable.

I'm 17 and have spoken to about three girls in all my life. Seriously.

I dont know what to do about it. For some reason i keep on thinking that University will be so much different. I dont know why.

Hmmm.... this needs to change.

I just dont have the balls to do it.

I always feel that their judging me and looking and me and laughing at me.

Paranoid?

Yes.

Anyone?
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Worried about what others around you think?
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Paranoid, yes you are right.

Chill out, girls aren't alien creatures. It's not that scary, just pick a quiet girl or something and talk to them, it doesn't have to be loud popular girls, because I can imagine that can be scary. University would change things I'd imagine, but don't wait til then!
g_star_raw_1989
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
Calm down.

Just go talk, to them, what's thw worst that can happen: they tell you to **** off, so what.

Most girls are friendly, once you approach them., so just try it an see what happens.
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh come on. Girls aren't that scary.

I'll let you into a secret: we do poos and wees and everything.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Girls are people too, you know. They like normal things just like you do. Stop thinking about what you could say to get them to like you, and just act normally.

(Original post by Aconite)
Oh come on. Girls aren't that scary.

I'll let you into a secret: we do poos and wees and everything.
Lies!
Sprout_hair
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Girls are soo much easier to talk to!
There's nothing to worry about!

But you do need some practice before Uni..
It would suck if u hadn't mastered talking to girls before Uni..
manolya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm...poor boy with poor perspectives for the future
Calm down! That's not that hard
MuseValheru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
Paranoid, yes you are right.

Chill out, girls aren't alien creatures. It's not that scary, just pick a quiet girl or something and talk to them, it doesn't have to be loud popular girls, because I can imagine that can be scary. University would change things I'd imagine, but don't wait til then!
Come on now dont lie to the poor lad.

When your at University make sure you go out with your flat mates in the first few weeks. Nobody knows anybody so its a great time to meet people. Even sitting in the corner of the SU people will come up to you and say " Hi, Im X, im studying X and im living in X halls" You will meet so many people you wont have time to be nervous.

Get out there lad its not difficult.
MarchOfMephisto
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We aren't that scary, and most of us are nice and will talk. Just talk to girls like you would talk to anyone.
dealbreaker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love girls...me...can't live without them... OP you're really missing out by not talking to girls...yeah there are times when you just want to do something else rather than listen to them talking about whatever...but can't really explain the companionship they bring to a relationship or friendships...but it's nice though...well, generally, not always...
hnm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go for the quiet ones.
MuseValheru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hnm)
Go for the quiet ones.
You sound like a stalker lol!

This is of course a joke before anybody takes offence!
xSplashx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well you must have guy mates. And they should have girl mates. Why not have your guy mates introduce you to their girl mates? As you will be a friend of a friend they aren't likely to tell you to **** off.
Jabbamuffin
Report 10 years ago
You should keep it that way, all they ever do is moan and steal your money :p:

Just kidding, you'll be fine at uni... You might even find a nice shy girl you can connect with

Good luck.
Oddjob39A
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They're just people with extra bits of skin where you haven't got skin and a few less pieces of skin where you have got skin.

They don't bite (unless you ask them to....meow)

I think every man/boy needs a good lesbian friend. Being mates with a lesbian helps men get around this notion that women are intimidating/something to be afraid of (in the sense that you know she isn't ever going to be interested in you and nor are you - you can truly be platonic friends with a lesbian; a hard achievement with a straight woman)
helraizer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love it how the three people who said about girls are nice have said "We're not that scary" :p: Are you suggesting you might be a little scary, really? I can only imagine that's a good thing. :p:

but yeah OP, go out, enjoy yourself and don't be scared to talk to people. Just talk to people and they'll talk to you back.
MarchOfMephisto
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by helraizer)
I love it how the three people who said about girls are nice have said "We're not that scary" :p: Are you suggesting you might be a little scary, really? I can only imagine that's a good thing. :p:
Haha, well he obviously thinks girls are scary which we aren't. Most of us aren't scary at all really.
Valkyrja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Think of it like this.....

......Girls unlike most young hormonal happy boys (I have a lot of male friends) don't ASSUME that if a guy talks to them in a friendly manner, that they fancy them. Treat them like you would treat a fellow penis person and they won't think you're coming on to them....apart from genitalia in different bits and a few different tweaks of hormones...we're exactly the same and you'd be surprised how many girls are into the same things as guys.

You could try creating a myspace account and start talking to girls online instead first? It's a much safer feeling...plus you can try talking to girls bazillions of miles away at first then closer and closer until one day you make friends with people in your city or school or something online and meet up.

It's amazing how much "you're that guy on myspace" got said around my college during the first two weeks.
Darkeyes28
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just dont. I dont know why really.

I always feel very nervous around them and just generally feel uncomfortable.

I'm 17 and have spoken to about three girls in all my life. Seriously.

I dont know what to do about it. For some reason i keep on thinking that University will be so much different. I dont know why.

Hmmm.... this needs to change.

I just dont have the balls to do it.

I always feel that their judging me and looking and me and laughing at me.

Paranoid?

Yes.

Anyone?
Here goes my attempt at advice}}}}}}}

Talk to girls in a mixed group with your mates, it'll take the pressure off you and off them, and believe me us lovely lovely ladies brick it with guys too....

I'd love for the guys to come up all brave an talk to me alone, but lets face it guys only do that if they are really really confident or they know the girl and are friends with her....

I'm shy round guys even now and I'm almost 30..... but I force myself to at least smile and say hi..... I talk a lot to guys I have absolutely no interest in as I know I won't sound like a tit and also I've made a new friend...... maybe even a friend of a guy I like which puts me in his radar :ninja:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise