?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What do the majority of Irish people think of this clown Leo Varadkar
Leviathanzzz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh, he's dreadfully boring and uninspired.

I expect he enjoyed watching Britain and British negotiators squirm and rage as it became apparent that they couldn't set the terms or tone of the negotiations, that Ireland interests came before or was at least ranked equal to their own, because Ireland had the EU's absolute support. Everyone in Ireland must have enjoyed that, even the most moderate of nationalists had to have derived unimaginable joy from it. I loved it.

See, I don't like Leo's domestic policy, and I think he was far too passive in representing Irish interests (which is all he has done in Brexit negotiations). I think a lot of people's problem with Leo -atleast from a British perspectice- isn't anything substantive, just they're profoundly agitated by this new phenomenon, of which he seems the figurehead.

To clarify, I still love Britain, but there are some wounds in Anglo-Irish relations that haven't healed, even for me. I think Brexit and attitudes like that of Leo (and the Irish people) being a clown(s) -this being a comparatively light phrase I must admit- because he'd rather preserve peace on the island of Ireland and maintain a healthy trade situation with Britain has served to reopen some of these wounds. Maybe it's spite on my part. Maybe negotiations would have gone easier if you didn't put your border in the middle of someone else's country.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Leviathanzzz)
Maybe negotiations would have gone easier if you didn't put your border in the middle of someone else's country.
*Clears throat*
*Straightens back*

Well, I think you'll find...

The continuing joy of the Anglo-Irish relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.46%
Spring (35)
18.32%
Autumn/Fall (48)
25.13%
Winter (36)
18.85%
I love them all equally (10)
5.24%