6 pack without going to the gym Watch

Nath_england
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was just wondering if it was possible to get a 6 pack without using any weights/gym equipment. I already have a 4 pack but I cant seem to get any further. Has anyone been able to do this?
Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It comes down to bodyfat and clean eating, and weights to make em pop.
Rav.
Report 10 years ago
Yeah its possible, just buy some gym equipment and some weights.
dimdim_lee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rav.)
Yeah its possible, just buy some gym equipment and some weights.
That's what he's asking if you DON'T need.

It's possible, as suggested above, clean eating and maintaining a low body fat is very important, but you might want to work your lower abs, I'm sure you'll be able to find crunches of some sort that work the lower abs especially.
CTurbinado
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eat healthy
Run
Have good genetics
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It is possible to get one without having to go to the gym but obviosuly you need to make sure your exercising regularly at home and mantaining your body fat.
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sit ups?
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trance addict)
sit ups?
Yeah, sit ups is probably one of the best ways to get one. If you do them in the morning and the evening over time you should start to see results but obviously you need to control what your eating aswell.
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ElectricOceans)
Yeah, sit ups is probably one of the best ways to get one. If you do them in the morning and the evening over time you should start to see results but obviously you need to control what your eating aswell.
i used to do it like this, then i just got lazy + started eating crap. should really get back into the habbit

will you be able to notice anything after 7/8 weeks of situps, im thinking 80 a day to start?
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i used to do it like this, then i just got lazy + started eating crap. should really get back into the habbit

will you be able to notice anything after 7/8 weeks of situps, im thinking 80 a day to start?
Yeah I've attempted to stay in a routine of doing them once or twice a day but usually over time I fail and stop doing them. Now that I'm on summer I shouldn't really have any excuse for not trying to do them everyday.

I think over 7 or 8 weeks you will get results probably not a full six pack but that all depends on your body fat. For some people they need to do extra exercise such as running to see results quickly. I think that 80 is a good number to start off on.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

how about 3x8 weighted crunches and side bends 2x per week.

With a sensible calorie controlled diet

and cardio including HIIT incorporated.
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its surprising the results you can get with sit ups but I think extra exercise such as running helps a lot. But diet plays a big part in it as well.
igoode
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CTurbinado)
Eat healthy
Run
Have good genetics
I'd agree on eating healthy and running, genetics I'm not sure about. Sit ups alone are useless. Everyone has a six-pack, however (un)developed they may be, difference is whether or not you can see it. It's all about reducing that layer of fat over your abs, and as we all should already know, it's impossible to reduce fat in a specific area. I guess genetics comes in regarding where your body burns its fat first.
Peel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah it is possible, but without going to the gym / doing any exercise don't expect a particularly toned or prominent one.

As others have mentioned keeping a low body fat is important, but you also need a decent amount of muscle there anyway.

I've held onto something of a six pack for about the past 5 years with virtually no exercise through very low body fat, and having done martial arts for a good few years of my childhood. Obviously this isn't a good way of getting a six pack, but it does prove you certainly can.
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Peel)
Yeah it is possible, but without going to the gym / doing any exercise don't expect a particularly toned or prominent one.

As others have mentioned keeping a low body fat is important, but you also need a decent amount of muscle there anyway.

I've held onto something of a six pack for about the past 5 years with virtually no exercise through very low body fat, and having done martial arts for a good few years of my childhood. Obviously this isn't a good way of getting a six pack, but it does prove you certainly can.
You don't need to go to the gym to get a six pack but it helps a lot if you can because most gyms are fully equipped with everything you need for muscle building which makes things easier for you when you want quick results. You can get one by doing regular exercise such as sit ups but I would reccomend running because that helps a lot.

Yeah once you have a defined six pack they can be hard to get rid of if your keeping to a healthy diet.
Peel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You don't need to go to the gym to get a six pack but it helps a lot if you can because most gyms are fully equipped with everything you need for muscle building which makes things easier for you when you want quick results. You can get one by doing regular exercise such as sit ups but I would reccomend running because that helps a lot.

Yeah once you have a defined six pack they can be hard to get rid of if your keeping to a healthy diet.
Not that you would want to get rid of it anyway though . That's the odd thing though, I don't regulate what I eat (though I don't eat that much anyway - small appetite).
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Peel)
Not that you would want to get rid of it anyway though . That's the odd thing though, I don't regulate what I eat.
You wouldn't.
I've noticed that people who have a defined six pack don't really need to regulate what they eat to much as long as there not over eating fatty foods then usually there free to eat whatever they want.
History Lost in Physics
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hill walking, after you have got good at this gradually build up the weight you carry. Admittedly this will build up your leg muscles more - but will lead to strong muscles throughout your torso due to the weight.
Lord Lawz
Report 10 years ago
Situps are not a good way to get a sixpack.

As has been said, it's all about bodyfat and you can't spot reduce. Combination of diet and exercise.

Actually, doing lots of abdominal exercises will make your tummy look bigger as the muscle grows. That's why you see a lot of massive bodybuilders with big stomachs.
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lord Lawz)
Situps are not a good way to get a sixpack.

As has been said, it's all about bodyfat and you can't spot reduce. Combination of diet and exercise.

Actually, doing lots of abdominal exercises will make your tummy look bigger as the muscle grows. That's why you see a lot of massive bodybuilders with big stomachs.
Oh I always thought they would be. I've been told that people have got good results from doing regular sit ups but I think you do need to do other exercise alongside the sit ups.

Oh yeah thats true, I have noticed that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.72%
No - but I will (100)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (621)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise