Apprehensive about leaving for uni Watch

DrDuck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've just finished the process for choosing accommodation for uni, and its hit me that I really don't like the idea of leaving. A lot of my friends are chomping at the bit in anticipation of leaving, but the idea doesn't really appeal to me. I'm comfortable where I am, I like the area, the feeling of the place. On top of this I can't even use the "new found freedom" argument to make myself feel better as my parents have never stopped me doing anything I want to do. I know that nobody can really do that much to help, but it just feels better to get it off my chest.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't have the "new found freedom" thing either, there was never anyone to stop me doing anything. But I also couldn't wait to leave. It will be good for you. You might not want to leave now, but think in 5 years time will you regret not getting out while you had the chance? It's a lot easier to get out and see a bit more of life while you're still in the relative support net of uni than it is to go and do it alone.

Then after uni you have the choice to stay out or go back to your home town, but at least you've seen another way of life.
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Think about it this way- you're not gonna be leaving for good.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah you spend enought time back home down worry, 3 months during summer, 1 for chrtismas, 1 for easter, i think theres another 1 month somewhere else,
rarara2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have mixed feelings, but i persuade myself to look forward to uni. You may love your life as it is now, but think about how all your friends will be leaving and how your life won't ever be the same again. You just have to accept the change, because even if uni is worse than your life now, going to uni will be much better than your life if you stay where you are.
That may not be true for you though...i do live in a horrible town.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads