The Student Room Group

Eyesight

My eyesight is starting to get bad really fast . I’m starting to wonder if it’s because I go on my phone too much? In the past few months it’s gotten so bad that i can barely even read anything right in front of me without my glasses. Starting to think I’ll go blind by the time I’m 50
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Go to your opticians.
Reply 3
Original post by Pathway
Go to your opticians.

When I asked them they said the rate at which it’s deteriorating is normal? I feel like it isn’t
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
When I asked them they said the rate at which it’s deteriorating is normal? I feel like it isn’t

Well point still stands we can't do anything here.
My eyesight is starting to get bad really fast . I’m starting to wonder if it’s because I go on my phone too much? In the past few months it’s gotten so bad that i can barely even read anything right in front of me without my glasses. Starting to think I’ll go blind by the time I’m 50

Hi, I used to use my phone way too much and my eyesight really deteriorated. Since I reduced my phone usage my eyesight has deteriorated at a slower rate (although continues to do so). I would recommend reducing your phone usage, using a phone with a bigger screen, and getting an eye test. It's better to pay for and wear glasses and see clearly, than to see everything blurry (I'm really short-sighted so when I don't have my glasses on, everything is really blurry).

Don't beat yourself up about using your phone, it's probably just genetic

You can get laser eye surgery from 21 and over
Reply 8
Original post by AmazingPhysicist
You can get laser eye surgery from 21 and over

Yeh this is something that I'm considering

Honestly, same. Also, if u dont wear glasses or keep squinting, it might make your eyesight even worse so, do wear glasses and try to reduce phone usage. Also, when u use your phone/computer, make the fonts larger and make sure every time u use gadgets to purposefully remind yourself to use them from a distance. E.g keep 30/40cm distance between your face and the screen; it may help a little.
Yeh this is something that I'm considering

Yeah, it has a 95% success rate, costs continue to drop and technology continues to improve. I am also considering laser eye surgery, or some sort of surgery to correct my short-sightedness. Don't worry too much about it, though.
Screens when used the wrong way (too close, too bright or without proper breaks and rest) can cause higher deterioration in nearsightedness.

Also, you may notice much more difference between your eyesight at-2 and -3 than -1 and -2. So even the same rate of deterioration feels like much higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending