do most young women hate ugly people? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
do most young women only judge everyone and everything on physical appearance?
Sprout_hair
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ha.. well those that do aren't worth the time to get to know..
angel_sista
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No. I know a lot of people who do, both male and female.
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No. Not most. Some. But definitely not most.
GemmyMonster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh of course. :rolleyes:

Don't be stupid. And why the hell are you anon? Scared of neg reps? Wuss.
Sprout_hair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wouldnt go as far as hate.. but its just not somebody who they'd approach first..
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No. Some people do place importance on appearance, but I doubt even they would judge someone completley on it!
faber niger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll tell you the truth now, ******** aside: most do, but not all -- there are all kinds of people out there, some may just be harder to find than others.

Do you think that you are ugly?
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is this serious?

Young people tend to mostly judge on appearance as a whole anyway. But I'd definitely say boys do it more anyway.
OllyThePhilosopher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Girls I know always slate boys at school because they're ugly in their opinion. I think because they want to look as attractive as possible, they get annoyed when other people don't make a similar effort.
mitsabeeba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no. i used to be quite bad like that when i was about 16. im 21 now and alot more grownup in mind. certainly not perfect perfect, but alot of improvement..
kiddranc
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think most young people do and not just girls.
Angrybanana
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hating ugly people is stupid. And I hate stupid people.
On another note, I'd say men are more likely to judge on looks over everything else. Girls are more likely to give an uglier chap a chance if they have a good sense of humour, but it doesn't work the other way round as men care too much what their friends will think if their girlfriend is unattractive.
Miss_Scarlett
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You form first impressions for sure, thats impossible to stop. But how can you hate someone you dont know:confused:. In general I will like a person until proven otherwise. I think it would be very sad if you went through life hating on people because of the way they look structurally i.e something they cannot control due to genetics.

If we are talking physical appearance in terms of clothing, then if someone looks shabby you do kind of think they are not bothered and a little lazy. But then most people have off days or if they are ill, so it depends.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hating ugly people is stupid.
lol. but most people of all age groups do it!
sugar_and_spice
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i won't lie people do judge on apperances even if they say they don't. some more than others. if someone were ugly for example some wouldn't even want to be thier friend because of it ...most are not that shallow and will be thier friend providing the "ugly" person has a decent personality.

in terms of attraction. the vast majority of young women want good looking guys too, just like men want attractive women ..and especially at this age alot will dismiss a person who is physically unnatractive as a possible partner and keep him as a friend at the most.

personality can compensate looks to an extent ...but if someone looks like shrek and are not famous/loaded then in this day and age they really do have thier work cut out for them in most cases...
perkyDani
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i don't mind appearances of girls at all of judge, its just irrelevant to me, I want a good friend who is fun to hang around with and share interests with, but i admit i do dislike and avoid ugly guys, there just seems no point to hang around them
mayh3m
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't say they hated people because they were ugly.

But there are a lot of people out there who wouldn't talk to others due to their reputation being ruined and the like.

Usually, I'd say stereotypes were a much more impacting factor on whether women would or wouldn't talk to a guy for example.

xxx
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The OP is banned. I'm closing this one.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (476)
38.17%
No - but I will (95)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (589)
47.23%

Watched Threads