How do I give my friend advice without insulting him? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
One of my friends at University is possibly the sweetest, most sarcastic (oxymoronic, I know!), hilarious, wonderful person in the world, and I love him to death.

However, one thing I really want to do is to take him shopping with me and give him a few style pointers. I'm certainly no Gok Wan and he's definitely not a bad dresser, but he just has so much potential and I really just want to have a chance to show him a couple of things that will take him from "ooo, not bad!!" to "wow!". He's quite laidback and I've vaguely mentioned the idea before, but I don't want to say anything and come across as though I'm saying "you look ridiculous", because I'm not, at all. He can wear whatever he likes and I'll still adore him - I just want to articulate the idea to him and let him do as likes with it...

So, any advice on howe to broach the subject? Please and thank you
Absurd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just take him out shopping with you and do the whole "try this on, I reckon it would really suit you!" thing.
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just take him with you and pick up the odd thing and go "omg this would SO suit you" and force him to try it on :ninja:

I doubt he'd be insulted at any rate, but just take him shopping and don't try and make it look planned.
arsenal111
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tell him 2 sort out his dress sense so he will get the ladies
~*~rAiNbOw~*~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OMG there are soooo many people I feel like doing that to:ninja:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks guys! You've been really helpful And so, the mission begins!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (329)
37.3%
No - but I will (71)
8.05%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (419)
47.51%

Watched Threads