The Student Room Group
Anything abnormal you find on your body you should go check out really, growth wise. Some are weird growths, others are lumps in tissue (why you should check your boobs often).
Reply 2
It depends on where the cancer is. Sometimes it can be a lump, or it can just be pain, fatigue, vomiting, rashes, I think you'd know if you had it though.
Reply 3
i'm just starting to feel really paranoid cos i'm having some pains that seem very strange :frown: i know it's unlikely but still
Reply 4
Something would be noticeably wrong and you'd go see a doctor. Cancer will be different depending on the type. It might give a lump, it might be something else like weeks of diarrhoea and rectal bleeding for example. If you're feeling well and you've not noticed anything out of the ordinary you don't have to worry. If you have something unusual for you that you're worried about, go and see your GP. It's a good idea to check your breasts regularly and go for cervical smears once you need them to try and catch the more common potential nasties early.
Reply 5
I've always been told go and get something checked out if it doesnt go away within two weeks, whether it be a cough or whatever because something minor usually rectify themselves within that time.
Reply 6
sokissme18
i'm just starting to feel really paranoid cos i'm having some pains that seem very strange :frown: i know it's unlikely but still

Seriously- go to the doctors. Even if there turns out to be nothing wrong with you at all, it will be good for your mental health to be told by a professional that you're OK. It can really effect you in the long-run if you're paranoid about your health.
had a mate who was in pain for months and months, plus constipation and such. In the end he couldn't sit down or sleep, doctors still got it wrong :s-smilie:

It was major pain, life crippling and such. Go to the doctors, don't give up if it still hurts and they think they're treating you when they're not.
Reply 8
Anon - is your friend ok now? X
Reply 9
Cancer can be invisible and go un-noticed.

Surface cancers will obviously look like lumps.
Reply 10
BonziPogo
I've always been told go and get something checked out if it doesnt go away within two weeks, whether it be a cough or whatever because something minor usually rectify themselves within that time.

Wise words :smile:
when i had cancer, the doctors didn't believe there was anything wrong because i seemed so fit and healthy. there was no obvious 'lump' because it was in my neck around my windpipe, and also on my lung, and the only way they found out was when my mum went to ask about a droopy eyelid. turned out i had Neuroblastoma (level IV)
Reply 12
Also, if you do go to the Doctor's and they tell you it's nothing to worry about, but then say persists for another 2 weeks, get a second and even a third opinion.

Not to slate Doctors, but there are so many cases of Doctors being too slack or getting things wrong (they are only human) so it's best to have a few different opinions from different experts! :smile:
go get it checked out, if it something cancer related, would help in curing it, and if it isnt, atleast youll be tension free... :smile:...dont worry..

how long have u noticed it 4?
xJessx
Anon - is your friend ok now? X

still in treatment, don't want to jinx anything by saying more hah :confused:
Reply 15
Anonymous
still in treatment, don't want to jinx anything by saying more hah :confused:

Wishing your friend all the luck in the world :smile:
moi aussi, sometimes luck is on your side, i was given 30% survival chance ^^
Reply 17
marcusmerehay
moi aussi, sometimes luck is on your side, i was given 30% survival chance ^^

Wow! Well done on fighting it :smile:
I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you have a problem that is plaguing you do go to the doctors though as they will try there best to sort it out. Obviously if they do have any concerns then they will immediately do tests.

I recently had a bit of a scare after I had a suspicious Lymph Node in my neck. It was removed within two weeks of having the major tests. If anything concerns them they will act on it!
apparently i was really happy throughout the treatment too :s-smilie:
got a load of scrapbooks here from the time. i was once in the middle pages of the national magazine Bella :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending