Year abroad (language students) questions Watch

cuphalfempty
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are a limited number of university places available in total for the year abroad? I imagine there is and that it probably isn't a very large number. Out of studying abroad or working abroad, which is usually the more popular option? I think I will definitely want to study for the whole year at a uni, I don't really like the idea of having to find a work placement but what would happen if they didn't have enough places for everyone that wanted to study? Surely you wouldn't be forced into having to find work?
I don't know if the language makes a difference, but in my case it is french.
Sarah Sheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not many people doing one language do one term at university and a job, or at least I don't think so. For some people I know, it ended up that they looked for jobs, couldn't find anything, so went to university instead. This year I think quite a few people went to study, but remember you can also be a language assistant if that appeals!
Some universities are very popular and have a limited amount of spaces, so you just need to get all your forms and applications done early and there shouldn't be too much of a problem getting into the place you want.
cuphalfempty
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Sarah Sheep)
Not many people doing one language do one term at university and a job, or at least I don't think so. For some people I know, it ended up that they looked for jobs, couldn't find anything, so went to university instead. This year I think quite a few people went to study, but remember you can also be a language assistant if that appeals!
Some universities are very popular and have a limited amount of spaces, so you just need to get all your forms and applications done early and there shouldn't be too much of a problem getting into the place you want.
Yeah, I know some unis have limited places. Do you know if they are allocated on a first come, first served basis or if it's done randomly?
Sarah Sheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm pretty sure it's first come first served, but then again I didn't go to university so am not 100% sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads