The Student Room Group

Final Year project

To start I am studying creative computing and this is my final year and I am supposed to create something based on the modules I partake through this year. For the autumn term (currently) I have 3D Virtual Environments and Animation AND Advanced Audio Visual Processing. And Machine learnign and Game AI in spring term

Through out 1st year we only did P5js which is I think a JavaScript based library, and in second year we did c++ and mySql and other mySql related stuff which I truly have no idea how I passed. i mean the C++ stuff was ok but the mySql and other database stuff i just don't get it. And even through the last 2 years we had to submit projects which we were told didn't need to be anything too complex and also we were in groups. However this year we are expected to do something complex and SOLO. And i have no clue what I can/should do for this year. I kind of am in a panicked state, since Im literally losing time as Im making this post but as I said I just don't know what will/can be good enough. As if that wasn't enough they want newness in our work. Newness as in different from what already exists...

After a lot of thinking I thought about trying to make a game in VR with the implementation of AI in it. But then again there are a lot of VR games out there doing this and honestly that's where I am getting the idea from. And also I am terrible at this course, not blaming the course it's pretty great it's just I am no where near as good as I thought I would be in it so with that goes my confidence as well.

My project specification is due in about a week or so and I wanted to know if anyone can comment on My idea if it's good enough cuz I know having a project in VR can be a problem since play testing can become an issue and If I don't involve VR then I'm sure they will definitely tell me to rethink, Hell! Im scared they gonna tell me to rethink this one as a matter of fact...
Reply 1
sorry this has nothing to do with your post but i want to study creative computing and i cant seem to find any one who has done it or anyone who has replied to some of my other question. i just wanted to know what uni you went to and how is the course and what sort of jobs do you see yourself getting into after you have graduated and would you say it is a challenging course.

thank you
Reply 2
Original post by MKA345
sorry this has nothing to do with your post but i want to study creative computing and i cant seem to find any one who has done it or anyone who has replied to some of my other question. i just wanted to know what uni you went to and how is the course and what sort of jobs do you see yourself getting into after you have graduated and would you say it is a challenging course.

thank you

Hi, Im studying at Goldsmiths university of London, the course I wont lie, for me who had no background in programming or IT i am finding it very interesting and challenging of-course not that Im doing too good but still its very interesting. As the name sounds it mostly emphasises on the creative aspects of programming like graphics, audio, animation etc. Now job wise I am worried cuz as I said I am not the smartest when it comes to pretty much anything useful including my studies, but if you are good at the course i think you can look for jobs in the creative industry sectors. Basically most jobs youd be able to see yourself into if youd have done computer science and including the creative ones like games, designing, web development, VFX etc. It all really depends on how much you can get out from the course really cuz the options are really nice.
And im pretty sure that wasn't much of a help but thats all i got for you :3, as i said not the best at anything usefull :'3
Reply 3
Original post by Zami98
Hi, Im studying at Goldsmiths university of London, the course I wont lie, for me who had no background in programming or IT i am finding it very interesting and challenging of-course not that Im doing too good but still its very interesting. As the name sounds it mostly emphasises on the creative aspects of programming like graphics, audio, animation etc. Now job wise I am worried cuz as I said I am not the smartest when it comes to pretty much anything useful including my studies, but if you are good at the course i think you can look for jobs in the creative industry sectors. Basically most jobs youd be able to see yourself into if youd have done computer science and including the creative ones like games, designing, web development, VFX etc. It all really depends on how much you can get out from the course really cuz the options are really nice.
And im pretty sure that wasn't much of a help but thats all i got for you :3, as i said not the best at anything usefull :'3

Hey yeah this is very useful so coming into the course u had not done any programming or studied IT do u think it will help to start programming now
Reply 4
Original post by MKA345
Hey yeah this is very useful so coming into the course u had not done any programming or studied IT do u think it will help to start programming now

Lord knows m8! :v :'D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending