The Student Room Group

How long does it take you to eat a bowl of cereal?

It takes me 15 minutes, but I think I may be filling the bowl up too much. I have the cereal almost overflowing, with around half the bowl full of milk.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
With a teaspoon: 5 minutes.
With a dessert spoon: 3 minutes.
With a tablespoon: 2 minutes or less.
Reply 2
about 3 mins, I love the cereal.
It takes me ages to eat a bowl also. But that's because I just eat it so darn slow. Cereal is just one of those foods I can't eat at normal speed. I don't know whether it's the fact they get soggy really quickly or that it's got milk in it or what, I just eat it slow.
Reply 4
agesss usually, like 10 - 15 minutes, its not because i fill the bowl up too much just because im quite the sloth come morning time.
Reply 5
yeah i have to eat cereal slowly, i'd say 7 minutes minimum for half a bowl
I take about 5 minutes to eat mine, and that is even if the bowl is practically over flowing.

If your taking that long, its probably a good idea to have two smaller bowls one after the other so the cereal doesnt all go soggy at once!
Reply 7
Hmmm...about 5 mins tops. But I usually have more than one bowl :cool:
Reply 8
2 minutes or 10 minutes
Aconite
With a teaspoon: 5 minutes.
With a dessert spoon: 3 minutes.
With a tablespoon: 2 minutes or less.

You should compete. With those sorts of times, you could make it to the regionals at least in the women's categories, and who knows how far you'd excel in mixed doubles. It took me months of training to get my tablespoon to sub 1:40.
Normally 5-10 minutes. These days 15+. I dunno why but my apetite in the mornings is becoming worse and worse this summer :frown:
Reply 11
DoMakeSayThink
You should compete. With those sorts of times, you could make it to the regionals at least in the women's categories, and who knows how far you'd excel in mixed doubles. It took me months of training to get my tablespoon to sub 1:40.

To get anywhere in this kind of game, you need two things: natural ability and years of practice. Do you think you have what it takes to partner me in the quest for glory?

I can eat a whole pasty in less than two minutes, too, if that's any help.
Reply 12
2 minutes.

5 minutes if I'm being REALLY slow. Can't see how eating a bowl of cereal could take anyone 10+ minutes. =s
Reply 13
only a few minutes, its quite nice soggy
Reply 14
about 5 mins tops
Daniel Freedman
Kellog's Crunchy Nut, less than a minute. :smile:

Ha ditto.

Well no but I try to eat it as quick as possible because soggy cereal make me wanna vom.
Depends how hungry I am and how bland the cereal is.
and who exactly cares and why does it matter?
Reply 18
Anything longer than 5 minutes and i just cant eat it, goes all soggy and manky.
Reply 19
about 4 seconds as i wolf it down like some great oaf.
nice.

Quick Reply

Latest