What are your bad driving habits? Watch

mipmapped
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Mine is trying to get the auto-canceller in the indicator unit to kick in by wiggling the wheel side to side.
anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i cross my arms when i turn...

rev the engine a bit...

dont always put the clutch all the way down

SPEED lol
mipmapped
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i cross my arms when i turn...
Sometimes I like to steer using only my thumb.
kayzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmmm...

i have many of them :puppyeyes:

i suffer some major road rage so bad people actually pull over for me

i tend to put my lip gloss on/brush my hair whilst driving if i'm running late - the wing mirror is perfect for it

i hate being stuck behind anything no matter what speed it is going i have to overtake it

i don't bother changing gear if i'm tired and driving round town, you can do anything in fourth :^_^:

..........this list could go on forever but i shall stop now, my driving has really deteriorated in the past two years
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Drinking. I just can't stop.
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Speeding.

Forgetting to indicate.

Dancing/singing like an idiot whilst waiting for lights to change - whilst people in other cars watch & laugh.

Revving loads.
The Dark Side
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Corner with my food on the gas pedal rather than the brakes. I love to speed up while cornering My dad yelled a hundred times at me for this habit to change and he managed it in the end :P
CJ
  • TSR Community Staff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Going far too fast and going into inappropriate corners at speed oops...

I did that once (gave it a flick) and did a bit of a slide, so kept on doing it >.< Dumbarse. This was a while ago now, i've kinda changed a bit since then (back in school).

EDIT: Also, not far from here is one of those signs which goes off if you're over the 30 limit (for good reason) but doesn't go off if you're doing about 40-ish+ so I used to zoom past it :p:
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
driving with half and hand on the wheel. Not being able to park well, especially a problem driving my dads much bigger car.
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have difficulty staying in the middle of the lane, and taking corners, and just steering in general.... perhaps this explains why I haven't passed yet... or indeed why I will never pass
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Audrey Hepburn)
I have difficulty staying in the middle of the lane, and taking corners, and just steering in general.... perhaps this explains why I haven't passed yet... or indeed why I will never pass
I'm like that sometimes, well I definitely was to begin with and I passed 2nd time.

Think positively and relax when driving - you'll be okay!
kayzy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rosaaa)
Speeding.

Forgetting to indicate.

Dancing/singing like an idiot whilst waiting for lights to change - whilst people in other cars watch & laugh.

Revving loads.
i do all of these as well :^_^:

i crazy sing in my car, certain songs are brilliant for mini dance routines as well, i don't care what people think anymore coz it's so much fun ;grin;
Lucy :)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate roundabouts end up in the wrong lane and get beeped at! :mad:

I don't like being the first at Zebra crossings either I always worry that the person is going to start crossing before I've slowed down enough.
kayzy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lucy :))
I hate roundabouts end up in the wrong lane and get beeped at! :mad:
me too but just go crazy with the indicator and then wave at people when you pull out in front of them - they never know what to do then, some people swear at you but others put their hand up at you all confused hehe

my god my driving is really appalling it's fine though, i live in the country we have different driving rules :ninja:
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Dark Side)
Corner with my food on the gas pedal rather than the brakes. I love to speed up while cornering My dad yelled a hundred times at me for this habit to change and he managed it in the end :P
Technically that is the right thing to do, you never brake IN a corner, you brake on approach, select gear, balance throttle and accelerate out of a corner.

Stabilises the car and it makes driving smoother. But it is smooth gear changes and steering.

As for my bad habits:

I don't have any, I am a Driving God.
jus-mi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i rev the engine......i always put it in netrual even at traffic lights, i hardly look in the mirror before i signal,
Wltsm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of my worse things is when an awesome song comes on, I speed up loads, and get a bit racy, it's fun though!
Audrey Hepburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rosaaa)
I'm like that sometimes, well I definitely was to begin with and I passed 2nd time.

Think positively and relax when driving - you'll be okay!
Ta duck, but I seriously doubt it - my intense fear of moving extremely fast in a metal cage combined with my very small attention span seriously hinders my progress.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm.... I'm trying to think of some, but I can't.... I always change gears at the right time, rarely speed except when the speed limit is arbitrary and pointless (like outside a school at 10 PM...), don't over rev the engine, don't go too fast round corners.... if anything, I spend a bit too much time looking at the average mpg reading and the rev counter, to the point of obsessing over them.
browzer-911
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Probably changing into 5th too early when im in 'obsessive about fuel economy' mode. My girlfriend always complains about the juddering when I do.

Or not signalling when I deem it pointless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise