The Student Room Group

Uk medical

Hey guys!
This is Suhani from India. I am in grade 11 of the CBSE board. I wanted to study medicine in UK. I am aware of the admission requirements and the procedure. But I also got to know that getting admission in UK for international students for medicine is very tough as they are very competitive and some do not accept CBSE board. So I just wanted clarity whether getting admission for an indian in Uk for medicine possible or will I just me wasting time as then I can focus on my NEET and also in which universities will I have (if) a fair chance.
Thank you and regards
I don't know whether grade 11 is the same as year 13, but if it is then the deadline has passed.

However, it is for a younger year group, then yes it is very much possible to get in. The only thing to note is that international admissions are even more competitive than home admissions. This is because there are fewer places available for applicants.

This means that you need to prepare well for your BMAT/UCAT as the cut-offs are often much higher. Also, try and do well in your exams.
I'd advise that you look at the med school admissions pages and only apply for the unis that accept the exam that you are doing, as you only have 4 options and it is very competitive. To add, ensure that you are well above the minimum entry requirement to increase your chances.

Hope this helps!

Original post by Suhani bansal
Hey guys!
This is Suhani from India. I am in grade 11 of the CBSE board. I wanted to study medicine in UK. I am aware of the admission requirements and the procedure. But I also got to know that getting admission in UK for international students for medicine is very tough as they are very competitive and some do not accept CBSE board. So I just wanted clarity whether getting admission for an indian in Uk for medicine possible or will I just me wasting time as then I can focus on my NEET and also in which universities will I have (if) a fair chance.
Thank you and regards
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Suhani bansal
Hey guys!
Thank you and regards

It is tough but I do know CBSE board students who are applying. Yes it is competitive but there are some universities that accept CBSE curriculum.

If you have good grades, good UCAT (or BMAT) score, meet english requirements, do plenty of volunteering/shadowing and demonstrate a real passion for medicine you stand a good chance. Since you are in India it is easier to get work experience/shadowing.

If you want to apply for 2020 entry the deadline has passed as of october 15th.You could take a gap year after your grade 12 and write your NEET and UCAT and apply for both UK and India just to be safe.

Go to each website and look at their international section- you can also look at their other entry requirements.
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2357/msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending