Want more information about this university?
itsalifiman11
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it possible to get unconditional offers from Lancaster University ? For courses like Economics (L100), has this ever happen before ? Getting unconditional offer ?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by itsalifiman11)
Is it possible to get unconditional offers from Lancaster University ? For courses like Economics (L100), has this ever happen before ? Getting unconditional offer ?
Hello,
Lancaster tends to give out quite few unconditional offers but it'll be difficult to say whether they'll give it out for Economics this year - it changes quite often. Some courses now require interviews to turn you offer from conditional to unconditional. So overall, I'd say it's quite likely if you reach/exceed the requirements but like I said, it's different every year.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
b18055jg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello,
Lancaster tends to give out quite few unconditional offers but it'll be difficult to say whether they'll give it out for Economics this year - it changes quite often. Some courses now require interviews to turn you offer from conditional to unconditional. So overall, I'd say it's quite likely if you reach/exceed the requirements but like I said, it's different every year.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Hey! I’ve been looking all over the internet for this.. is there any chance you might know if Lancaster interview for General Engineering (just Engineering)?
And could you explain the policies regarding unconditionals and conditionals in terms of interviews? Thanks
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by b18055jg)
Hey! I’ve been looking all over the internet for this.. is there any chance you might know if Lancaster interview for General Engineering (just Engineering)?
And could you explain the policies regarding unconditionals and conditionals in terms of interviews? Thanks
Hello,
Based on people I know in my year - yes they interview all engineering degrees. However, I applied in 2017 so they may have changed it now.
If you get an interview it can mean two things:
1. You have been invited to an interview to decide to give you a conditional offer (e.g. If you get AAA you are accepted on the course), or they already be likely to give you an offer when inviting you to interview, and they want to decide what grades to give you (I don't believe they do this at Lancaster but I know some unis do).
2. You are sent a conditional offer first (usually the entry requirements) and you are then invited to interview for an unconditional offer (you attend an interview and it's decided whether your offer should change from conditional to unconditional). If you do not get an unconditional offer, your original offer will still stand. You must firm an unconditional offer for it to be set (i.e. you cannot firm another uni and expect it to be remain). Once firmed then you kind of have to go there! If you change your mind after firming an uncondtional offer you will have to ask the university to release you (I've not heard this for Lancaster but at some universities they might refuse, meaning you either have to go or withdraw your university application altogether and reapply).
Based on previous years, I believe the engineering department goes down the first route - HOWEVER these things do change every year.
I hope this helps and clears everything up, let me know if you have anymore questions.
Charlotte
b18055jg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello,
Based on people I know in my year - yes they interview all engineering degrees. However, I applied in 2017 so they may have changed it now.
If you get an interview it can mean two things:
1. You have been invited to an interview to decide to give you a conditional offer (e.g. If you get AAA you are accepted on the course), or they already be likely to give you an offer when inviting you to interview, and they want to decide what grades to give you (I don't believe they do this at Lancaster but I know some unis do).
2. You are sent a conditional offer first (usually the entry requirements) and you are then invited to interview for an unconditional offer (you attend an interview and it's decided whether your offer should change from conditional to unconditional). If you do not get an unconditional offer, your original offer will still stand. You must firm an unconditional offer for it to be set (i.e. you cannot firm another uni and expect it to be remain). Once firmed then you kind of have to go there! If you change your mind after firming an uncondtional offer you will have to ask the university to release you (I've not heard this for Lancaster but at some universities they might refuse, meaning you either have to go or withdraw your university application altogether and reapply).
Based on previous years, I believe the engineering department goes down the first route - HOWEVER these things do change every year.
I hope this helps and clears everything up, let me know if you have anymore questions.
Charlotte

Hey, I’ve got an offer for my BEng course but it says “You may also be eligible for the MEng version of this degree. We would be happy to arrange for a member of our academic staff to discuss this with you. Please contact us for further details if you are interested.” How long should I wait before doing so since the offer came in December 20th? I’d like to add I’ve also applied for the MEng course too
Last edited by b18055jg; 10 months ago
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by b18055jg)
Hey, I’ve got an offer for my BEng course but it says “You may also be eligible for the MEng version of this degree. We would be happy to arrange for a member of our academic staff to discuss this with you. Please contact us for further details if you are interested.” How long should I wait before doing so since the offer came in December 20th? I’d like to add I’ve also applied for the MEng course too
Staff should be back in the office from this week so there should be people to chat to about this!
Charlotte
thatthat
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi there, not sure if this information is still any use as it’s a bit late now but I applied for Economics and Politics and received an unconditional offer (providing I make Lancaster my firm choice). The Economics and Politics course usually requires AAB but it is a BA course so not sure if it’d be different for the BSc straight Economics pathway.

I think Lancaster seem to make unconditionals based upon your GCSE grades, personal statement, predicted grades and reference however - so if all of them are strong I don’t see why they wouldn’t !
itsalifiman11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by thatthat)
Hi there, not sure if this information is still any use as it’s a bit late now but I applied for Economics and Politics and received an unconditional offer (providing I make Lancaster my firm choice). The Economics and Politics course usually requires AAB but it is a BA course so not sure if it’d be different for the BSc straight Economics pathway.

I think Lancaster seem to make unconditionals based upon your GCSE grades, personal statement, predicted grades and reference however - so if all of them are strong I don’t see why they wouldn’t !
How do I know if I am eligible for the scheme ?
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
I got an unconditional offer interview letter by post in december.
thatthat
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
How do I know if I am eligible for the scheme ?
Have you applied yet? If you’ve applied and received an offer it’ll say whether you are eligible on your UCAS track.

I’m not sure exactly how they work it out. I got 7 A*s and 3 As at GCSE and I’m predicted AAA at A Level in History, French and English Literature. My friend received an unconditional for Psychology and she got 11A*s at GCSE and is predicted A*A*A* at A Level.

If you have similar predictions/GCSE grades to us then maybe you will be eligible too. I don’t think there is a set boundary, I think it’s assessed on a case by case basis and dependent upon how popular your course is too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (716)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (904)
42.8%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.4%

Watched Threads