?
Report 10 years ago
I'm +1'ing it currently..
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was expecting the ending to be a little better, but grrr at the stupid girl. It was all pretty scary to me, I live in London and see people like that all the time!
angel_sista
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My sister loved it. Trust her not to call me to tell me it's on. Is there anywhere I can watch it again?
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Was it any gud?

Worth watching?
I may catch up on it on 4OD.
angel_sista
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Isn't 4OD supposed to be a pain in the backside?
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by angel_sista)
Isn't 4OD supposed to be a pain in the backside?
LOL no its great, why do you say that.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is anyone else annoyed at the media obsession with gun crime, what with this 'Disarming Britain' series and etc?

Obviously there's a problem, and there's no consolation for people who have been personally affected by such incidents, however, the media just seem to be grossly exaggerating it. The fact remains that you're more likely to die by getting run over by a car than guns or knives, yet they don't start a 'Pedestrianising Britain' series. No, because that would upset large corporations.
jus-mi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it was brilliant!! i loved it...i abit scary some of the actors are rubbish and i can see right through them but overall good
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be fair, it was more about knife crime than gun. Did anyone see similarities with the Damilola Taylor murder? Was that what it was sort of based on?
Cerulean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jus-mi)
it was brilliant!! i loved it...i abit scary some of the actors are rubbish and i can see right through them but overall good
Really? I was impressed by the acting, esp. the Emile dude.
crazybored
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2026)
Is anyone else annoyed at the media obsession with gun crime, what with this 'Disarming Britain' series and etc?

Obviously there's a problem, and there's no consolation for people who have been personally affected by such incidents, however, the media just seem to be grossly exaggerating it. The fact remains that you're more likely to die by getting run over by a car than guns or knives, yet they don't start a 'Pedestrianising Britain' series. No, because that would upset large corporations.
Getting hit by a car is usually an accident; knife and gun crime usually aren't. The reason the media coverage seems disproportionate is because they are only now paying attention to something that has been happening for years. In South London, the amount of yellow signs that say 'Fatal Attack - Do You See Anything?' have been ridiculously high for years - it's only really after the death of Rhys Jones that it was seen as a problem.

I completely disagree with your point that violent crime is exaggerated - if anything, only selected cases are publicised i.e. the victim in a teenager, and they died - if you get stabbed and survive, no one cares, if you get stabbed and you're in your 30's, no one cares (a man was killed in Brixton a couple of days ago - he was 30, how many people read about that?)

And back to the point of the thread, I thought Fallout was excellent - made me really think and realise how lucky I am to have the parents I do and how different things could have been...
crazygirl4521
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2026)

Looks like the media just wants to scare the public, and are seriously over exagerating the police. They are making the problems worse, they should stop wasting money on scheems like this and invest in trying to solve the problem not advertise it.
sammyrj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought it was awful. Compared to the likes of Bullet Boy and Kidulthood is was just crap. Most of it was unrealistic, and I really didn't understand why the characters did half the stuff they did.

I mean... getting a gun to kill a friend that called you a liar, but when someone's phone is thrown out of a bus window by a stranger there are no repercussions? It was ridiculous.

Overall the acting was pathetic, though I must commend the bloke out of The Bill (Dwayne?) as his scenes were by far the best.

Really disappointed, as I was looking forward to it.
jus-mi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cerulean)
Really? I was impressed by the acting, esp. the Emile dude.
yeh emilie was great but the mixed race girl's friend the dark skin one, i felt she was slacking her acting didn't seem for real..kinda thing

and can i just say aml ameen is nice looking evening with his poking out ears awwww
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazybored)
Getting hit by a car is usually an accident; knife and gun crime usually aren't. The reason the media coverage seems disproportionate is because they are only now paying attention to something that has been happening for years. In South London, the amount of yellow signs that say 'Fatal Attack - Do You See Anything?' have been ridiculously high for years - it's only really after the death of Rhys Jones that it was seen as a problem.

I completely disagree with your point that violent crime is exaggerated - if anything, only selected cases are publicised i.e. the victim in a teenager, and they died - if you get stabbed and survive, no one cares, if you get stabbed and you're in your 30's, no one cares (a man was killed in Brixton a couple of days ago - he was 30, how many people read about that?)

And back to the point of the thread, I thought Fallout was excellent - made me really think and realise how lucky I am to have the parents I do and how different things could have been...
I agree with that completely, and I didn't read about the man in Brixton funnily enough! However there was a murder on an estate in Catford that hasn't been well documented, it seems to be that the press are apparantly concentrating solely on the white victims of knife crime! Am I right in thinking this?? Anyway, this probably isnt the right thread for thorough discussion on rising knife/gun crime in London :p:
jus-mi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bexxxx)
I agree with that completely, and I didn't read about the man in Brixton funnily enough! However there was a murder on an estate in Catford that hasn't been well documented, it seems to be that the press are apparantly concentrating solely on the white victims of knife crime! Am I right in thinking this?? Anyway, this probably isnt the right thread for thorough discussion on rising knife/gun crime in London :p:
no you mean the police are paying more attention to YOUNG victims between the ages 14-21yrs old....i don't think its a rasical thing i think its a generation thing, hence my generation is dying out

edit: i read about the killing in catford but that was a while back now
Cerulean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeh emilie was great but the mixed race girl's friend the dark skin one, i felt she was slacking her acting didn't seem for real..kinda thing

and can i just say aml ameen is nice looking evening with his poking out ears awwww
Gosh I know. I was willing her to fall in a hole somewhere! What did you think of the ending?
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no you mean the police are paying more attention to YOUNG victims between the ages 14-21yrs old....i don't think its a rasical thing i think its a generation thing, hence my generation is dying out

edit: i read about the killing in catford but that was a while back now
I said the press, not the police. I dont really understand your post tbh.

The Carford thing was only a few days ago :confused:
aviii
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sammyrj)
I thought it was awful. Compared to the likes of Bullet Boy and Kidulthood is was just crap. Most of it was unrealistic, and I really didn't understand why the characters did half the stuff they did.

I mean... getting a gun to kill a friend that called you a liar, but when someone's phone is thrown out of a bus window by a stranger there are no repercussions? It was ridiculous.

Overall the acting was pathetic, though I must commend the bloke out of The Bill (Dwayne?) as his scenes were by far the best.

Really disappointed, as I was looking forward to it.
yeah it may look like a stupid thing to do, but the fact is..these things happens

weapons are seen as objects which can be used for anything, including petty arguments

i thought fallout was good, all the actors were wicked an all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads