The Student Room Group

Applying for pharmacy in clearing with BBC!

Hi i have just done my exams- biology,chemistry and physics predicted A,B,B. I have applied for 'medicinal and biological chem' and 'chemistry and medicinal chemistry' as my insurance however i have now decided i want to do pharmacy. There is also the problem that i was slightly/moderatly ill for a week and a bit, of my exams, and i believe i may end up with BBC physics being the C. Is there any chance of getting into pharmacy through clearing for a BBB offer uni with the BBC????.

I have done work experience in a hospital and also a dentist. O yeah and before i forget i have done general studies probably get a C.

Really lost on what to do lol!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
there is probably a very high chance you can get in pharmacy with those grades. you can probably ring them up now and see what they have to say and what your chances will be cos lots of pharmacy schools are still in extra so they still have places.

but you'll just have to wait til results day to see for sure. good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Thx for the reply. I was just wondering whether when you said i had a gd chance were you refering to my predicted grades of BBC? just i thought pharmacy was quite competitive (one of the reasons i didnt apply in the first place) :smile:
Mostly looking for 300 but you should get in thru clearing with 280

just had a quick look on UCAS and some MPharms are coming up thru extra so im sure a couple will go to clearing.

also these 2 you will be elligible for and they are accredited etc.
Bradford 280pts (BBC)
Huddersfield 280pts
So if you really want to do pharm then I am sure you could easily get on to these two courses thru clearing, might even be worth calling them and getting them as a back up now.
Reply 4
Azzauk
Thx for the reply. I was just wondering whether when you said i had a gd chance were you refering to my predicted grades of BBC? just i thought pharmacy was quite competitive (one of the reasons i didnt apply in the first place) :smile:

no iam talking about BBC grades. just ring up all the unis that offer BBB now and see what they'll say. most will probably have places.

i thought it was competitive as well but its not really

look on ucas extra to see unis with places now, i hope this link works http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/D2oVBGwla5A2kSvebhWsO0mAV5Hs--3hNm/HAHTpage/search.HsCodeSearch.submitForm?cmbInst=&txtJacsCode=B230&button1.x=18&button1.y=10
Reply 5
A friend of mine got into Kingston Pharmacy with EE. Take that as you will.
Reply 6
e-lover

yeah, unis are desperate to fill up the spaces. i really don't know why we are given the impression that pharmacy is very competitive and hard to get into like medicine :confused:
Reply 7
Thx everyone for your help. Im worried about applying to some of the unis as orignally i had applied to two Russel group unis as my teachers have told me reputation is very important when applying for a job is this as important with pharmacy?
Am I the only one who read this as "Apply for pharmacy through the British Broadcasting Corporation"?
Reply 9
Philosoraptor
Am I the only one who read this as "Apply for pharmacy through the British Broadcasting Corporation"?

lol :biggrin: i thought the same thing. i thought the bbc were helping students to get onto courses
just to point out that the Royal pharm soc only seem to like these courses http://www.pharmacycareers.org.uk/editorial.asp?ia_id=40 might be worth trying to get on one of them.
Reply 11
flexiblefish
just to point out that the Royal pharm soc only seem to like these courses http://www.pharmacycareers.org.uk/editorial.asp?ia_id=40 might be worth trying to get on one of them.

all pharmacy courses are accredited by the society, so the soc likes them all!
rosemkate
all pharmacy courses are accredited by the society, so the soc likes them all!

you have to forgive my ignorance. I know nothing about the society or pharmacy other than a couple of mates in the profession.

I just did not see Huddersfield on the list off the socs website, so thought that certain pharm courses are non-accredited, had a quick look and Hudds first intake is this year, so im sure the soc will update in due course. (thats prob one of the reason for the lowish grade requirements)
e-lover

maybe years ago, but i doubt it would be the case now.
Reply 14
flexiblefish
you have to forgive my ignorance. I know nothing about the society or pharmacy other than a couple of mates in the profession.

I just did not see Huddersfield on the list off the socs website, so thought that certain pharm courses are non-accredited, had a quick look and Hudds first intake is this year, so im sure the soc will update in due course. (thats prob one of the reason for the lowish grade requirements)

its ok :smile: yeah hudds is new and unis are only fully accredited after the first intake of students have finished their 4 year course, but it doesn't matter cos they'll all get fully accredited in the end.
Reply 15
Portsmouth seems to be in clearing too, their places get snapped up quite quickly, I'm pretty sure they let people in with BBC.

Last year I had a look at the courses left at the end of August in clearing for pharmacy, they were Medway, Sunderland and Wolverhampton.
Reply 16
trance addict
maybe years ago, but i doubt it would be the case now.

Nope. She holds an offer for September of this year. EE.
Reply 17
e-lover
Nope. She holds an offer for September of this year. EE.

Woah! Thats incredible, she must be well chuffed with that! What uni is that then?
Reply 18
Leilah
Woah! Thats incredible, she must be well chuffed with that! What uni is that then?

Kingston ... .lol!
Reply 19
Any one rekon Reading uni will give me an offer? I rekon im pushing it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending