Loan Watch

Carlo08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I still havnt applied for my student loan have i left it too late?

I have the problem of My passport and all other id are in my Birth name however my mum got married when i was 4 and although i wasnt adopted by my step dad i took on his name and so i now use it for My bank accounts, its on my school, ucas etc....

When applying for the loan i have to supply details of my bank and id, and since they are both in different surnames will this pose a problem? If so should i just make a new bank account in my 'Real' name?
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you can still apply, but the money is not guaranteed to be in your account at the start of term.
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i would ring up a helpline if possible, or pop in to the place that it has to be sent to, usually local council office... and ask them about it. i suspect that you would need to have an account in the name on your birth certicicate though
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You are probably best off calling the student loans company on
08456 077 577
to find out about whether it is necessary to have a bank account in your birth name.

Its probably best you apply now, and change your bank details on your application later though as the sooner you send off the form the better. As you have applied after the deadline you may not get you Loan until after you have started Uni, so the quicker you deal with the forms the more likely you are to get it when you need it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads