The Student Room Group

Can i have more than one engineering qualification???

Hi, so I'm currently in my second year studying BTEC L3 in electrical/electronic engineering. Instead of going uni afterwards I've decided that i want to do an apprenticeship to become an electrician. I've also got an interest in vehicles so i was wondering is it possible to study to become a fully qualified auto mechanic straight after getting my electricians qualification. This would mean i have 2 different vocational qualifications that could allow me to become self employed and earn lots of money doing 2 different things and would open up more doors for the future. What do you think? Please let me know, thanks!!!
Original post by Vivekk66
Hi, so I'm currently in my second year studying BTEC L3 in electrical/electronic engineering. Instead of going uni afterwards I've decided that i want to do an apprenticeship to become an electrician. I've also got an interest in vehicles so i was wondering is it possible to study to become a fully qualified auto mechanic straight after getting my electricians qualification. This would mean i have 2 different vocational qualifications that could allow me to become self employed and earn lots of money doing 2 different things and would open up more doors for the future. What do you think? Please let me know, thanks!!!

You've still only got the same 24 hours in a day that everyone else has. You've still only got the same hourly rate you can charge for either skill that everyone else does. There's no premium for a car mechanic that can also do domestic electrical work, or vice versa. So apart from a very minor security against some inexplicable reduction in demand of one or other service, there's no advantage in such a dual qualification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending