Filling in a HC1 form for dental treatment

Watch
Crayon3637
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

So i filled in a HC1 form when i was in my dentist last year when i was 18 years old. Just went again today but says they have no recollection of this and so we have to pay?? Im fully confused.

For those who dont know x
Hc1 forms arw filled out to help students or working people, after the HC1 form has been sent off it would then go on to a HC2 or a HC3 form. With HC2 being completly free dental treatment and HC3 form having to pay half of the treatment.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Crayon3637)
Hi guys,

So i filled in a HC1 form when i was in my dentist last year when i was 18 years old. Just went again today but says they have no recollection of this and so we have to pay?? Im fully confused.

Hc1 forms arw filled out to help students or working people, after the HC1 form has been sent off it would then go on to a HC2 or a HC3 form. With HC2 being completly free dental treatment and HC3 form having to pay half of the treatment.
Hc2 s last a few months to a year , it s likely to have expired by now.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I've moved this to student life as it's not about applying to uni.

Can you ask to fill in another HC1 form? I know it's not what the dentists have said, but it's reasonable to assume your circumstances might have changed over the last year anyway.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Crayon3637)
Hi guys,

It may have expired, you need to apply for one every year (or more often if your circumstances change).
Nuttyy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im a full time uni student. I initially thought that all full time students are entitled to free dental treatment.. When I sent the HC1 off, I got a HC3 back (partial relief) so I have to pay a maximum of £83 or something. So I basically have to pay for my dental checkups.

I mean, I'm a dental student so it doesn't really matter, but I was surprised to learn that students have to pay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed