The Student Room Group

InvestIN Young Investment banker summer internship

I'm interested in registering for the summer internship for investment banking in the summer of 2020. I was wondering if anybody had been on the programme before and could tell me what it was like and if it was worth it. Also has anybody else has already applied?
I had never heard of InvestIN until now but this is my view on this scheme (and those like it).

This will have little to no bearing on your ability to get into Investment Banking.

If you would like to get into IB apply to Spring/Insight Weeks in your First Year. That will give you an idea of working in an IB is like whilst pipelining you for a well-paid internship the following year (which pipelines you for a job).

Everything these paid internships offer, you can acquire with a bit of research and hard-work (outside of the scheme), be it volunteering or participating in projects at universities.

I consider these schemes as ethically questionable, they take advantage of university students desperate to get into competitive industries. However, they offer little to no support in entering said industries.

As such, my view is to avoid it like the plague and apply to the banks if you want an internship.

FYI that is not an internship, it's a course! No bank will consider that 'work experience' in reality!
Reply 2
Original post by henry1999
I had never heard of InvestIN until now but this is my view on this scheme (and those like it).

This will have little to no bearing on your ability to get into Investment Banking.

If you would like to get into IB apply to Spring/Insight Weeks in your First Year. That will give you an idea of working in an IB is like whilst pipelining you for a well-paid internship the following year (which pipelines you for a job).

Everything these paid internships offer, you can acquire with a bit of research and hard-work (outside of the scheme), be it volunteering or participating in projects at universities.

I consider these schemes as ethically questionable, they take advantage of university students desperate to get into competitive industries. However, they offer little to no support in entering said industries.

As such, my view is to avoid it like the plague and apply to the banks if you want an internship.

FYI that is not an internship, it's a course! No bank will consider that 'work experience' in reality!

Thank you for sharing your view I didn’t think about it like that before
Any internship where you have to pay is not worth it. Google can do the job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending